Ibiza FR 95

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
You were even considering getting a 1.0MP 75/80PS? After coming from a long list of more powerful cars? :no:

Even after 2 years in a modesly powerful 110PS Ibiza SC, I couldn't wait to get a car in the 150PS power bracket.

Worse! It was the 60ps! :blink:

Yeah, sort of been there, done that, paid the fuel bills.

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
How are you enjoying the FR ? I'm currently driving a 200hp Astra and have decided to downsize car/engine wise.
Im not wanting the power so much these days , mpg is more important as working perm from home now. The Astra is ok on a run but poor around town so after a smallish car now with better mpg. Your FR looks a perfect model for me , will have to take a trip to local dealer sometime.

To be honest, the power is adequate! MPG while running in is just south of 45mpg at the moment so that’s promising. The great thing about the Ibiza is it’s small, but feels bigger inside! It feels about the same size inside as my MK7 Golf and the boot is huge for its class.

It’s not the power that’s entirely important to me though, it’s the sound. This little 1.0 tsi sounds kind of like a distant relative to the Golf R32, which rather childishly gives me a large grin!

Reactions: pompeydave

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
81D0AA94-BFC1-4A21-83F8-4155E54F9507.jpeg
Dropped by the dealer today, they flipped it onto a fixed servicing schedule in about 5 minutes for me.

Wish I had some more ‘essential’ journeys to make though, poor thing.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The MPI engine just doesn't have enough umph for the motorway. If you're only around town, it's not so bad, but on the motorway you're permanently thrashing it. I had a rental Polo once with the 75PS engine in Spain... it was mildly terrifying! Good on fuel though.

Reactions: Mike Coulter

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Once rented a Citroen C3 1.2VTi (82PS) in Norway. Had 3 people inc me + luggage in the car. Now in Norway there are long stretches of single carriageway, and every 10 or so km/miles there will be a stretch of I don't know, 1-2 miles where it becomes 2 lanes, and slow lorries etc will pull over, and rest of us overtake, was stuck behind a lorry, doing about 60-70kmh, saw the opening (it was a tad going uphill), floored it in 5th, nothing happened, realising it wasn't a turbo and only had 80odd PS and medium loaded up car, dropped to 4th, revs rose, tried again, good, I'm at least going faster than the lorry, but no, the 2 lanes were closing up ahead, had to drop back. Waited for the next overtake lanes, doozed a little, by the time I realised I could start creeping ever so closer, looked in my mirror, all the other more powerful cars were already in the overtake lane...who were patiently (and in spriting pushing me on to over take the lorry). So I had to wait for the 3rd overtake lanes to finally get past the lorry, resorting to taking the car to the redline to get the job done. So yea, I think anything less than 90PS, non-turbo would be oh so annoying and painful on faster roads...didn't have any such problems with the 1.0EcoTSI Ibiza SC even with the same 3 (inc me) passengers and luggage on faster roads. Many have asked in disbelief 'it's only a 1 litre?' or 'are you sure it's only a 1 litre?' or 'it's can't be a 1 litre'

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I had exactly that with the rental Polo. Had 5 big guys in the car... red line was the only way to get up to motorway speeds, and passing anything without a good half an hour planning on the motorway was tricky too!

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
That’s more like it.
Looks much better.
Glad you’re enjoying her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Well the car is finally run in, ticked over 600 miles yesterday on a trip north to the Elan Valley. Great drive.

Attachments

• 64952EA8-530C-481A-82C7-E72BB33FCA0C.JPG
    64952EA8-530C-481A-82C7-E72BB33FCA0C.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 235
Reactions: BigO

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Two odd problems on my car I’ve noticed.

There seems to be two wires jammed in between the trim of the steering column only noticeable from the passenger seat.

Also, it seems as though my stop start has stopped working, may be a godsend to some but I don’t mind it in stop start traffic or traffic lights. Tried turning the air con off etc, just comes up with the A and a line through it. This has been over the last week after some motorway drives and local driving.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Two odd problems on my car I’ve noticed.

There seems to be two wires jammed in between the trim of the steering column only noticeable from the passenger seat.

Also, it seems as though my stop start has stopped working, may be a godsend to some but I don’t mind it in stop start traffic or traffic lights. Tried turning the air con off etc, just comes up with the A and a line through it. This has been over the last week after some motorway drives and local driving.

Yea there are many reasons why it won't work, battery to low, engine to cold, too many items running in the car, or if you have the AC/climate on, requires engine to be on to maintain that temperature. In winter it's especially more noticeable. It would usually come back eventually.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
If the ac is set to Screen it completely disables StopStart. Set to Auto, it still blows on the screen, but doesn't chop the fuel save function.

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
If the ac is set to Screen it completely disables StopStart. Set to Auto, it still blows on the screen, but doesn't chop the fuel save function.

Thanks! I didn’t bother with climate control on this car, so it’s on the screen and feet setting, sure it worked before as that’s the only setting I tend to use.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Oh. I meant Climate control when I typed AC. Regardless, I went 6 months with the S/S almost never working until a Skoda driver told me the trick. Skoda manuals, even for identical cars (Toledo/Rapid) are much more detailed than SEAT ones.

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Last week I had FMDetailing come and give the car a new car detail and a coating of Max Protect’s UNC-R rubber coating.

Attachments

• 8E81ECDA-0EAB-4199-9D1D-D5083CB14485.jpeg
    8E81ECDA-0EAB-4199-9D1D-D5083CB14485.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 185
  • 14D511A1-A3F6-440E-8B73-6680E7A082C8.jpeg
    14D511A1-A3F6-440E-8B73-6680E7A082C8.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 184
Reactions: pompeydave

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
Looks superb Mike , they don't get any better than yours. Blue a fantastic colour for the Ibiza .
I've always had blue & silver cars but fancy a change this time. BUT I'm a Portsmouth fan (blues)and getting red would be music to local Southampton supporters lol , a bit like arsenal vs Chelsea !

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
My last 7 cars have been equipped with front arm rests but as I always drive with my hands at 9 & 3 o'clock on the steering wheel I never use the arm rest. However when my wife is a passenger she uses it & the extra storage is useful.

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
My last 7 cars have been equipped with front arm rests but as I always drive with my hands at 9 & 3 o'clock on the steering wheel I never use the arm rest. However when my wife is a passenger she uses it & the extra storage is useful.

Yeah I find the extra storage really handy.

Looks superb Mike , they don't get any better than yours. Blue a fantastic colour for the Ibiza .
I've always had blue & silver cars but fancy a change this time. BUT I'm a Portsmouth fan (blues)and getting red would be music to local Southampton supporters lol , a bit like arsenal vs Chelsea !

Thanks! This is only my second blue car (first one was a little blue clio while I was between cars). I have to say I think blue is currently my favourite colour, the lines of the car just pop. I normally go for dark grey cars.

pompeydave

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah I find the extra storage really handy.

Thanks! This is only my second blue car (first one was a little blue clio while I was between cars). I have to say I think blue is currently my favourite colour, the lines of the car just pop. I normally go for dark grey cars.

How's the car driving mike ? Any positives/negatives to report and how's the mpg ?
Been watching many road tests as to which engine to purchase as as my driving has now changed to over 90% in town I reckon the 95bhp will be fine.i do the occasional Cornwall trip and a regular London trip at weekends but everything else is all town work. The 115bhp seems to have (obviously) slightly better acceleration at top end of revs but I'm looking at mpg these days more than outright performance. My current Astra isn't the best on fuel..not a patch on my previous mk3 Leon 1.2tsi 110. Oh well we all make mistakes!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.