Ibiza Mk4 FR TDI or Cupra TDI

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
Hi all,

Interested in either a Mk4 FR TDI or a Mk4 Cupra TDI.
Just wondering if anyones drove/owned both? and if the Cupra's worth the extra money over the FR? (insurance, tyres etc)

Gonna look at a 06 very low mileage Fr and a 05 higher mileage Cupra.
I do a lot of miles now and want to know if there's any economical difference between them really?
I'm stumped as to which one to go for really :shrug: and thought I should ask all your oppinions.

Cheers
Mark

Dec 3, 2009
I have an FR, not driven a cupra but would have one if insurance wasn't 3k...

you can just remap an FR (if you remap a cupra you will have to be careful with the clutch)
I'd try and go for a '56 plate so you get a facelift which has loads of extra features like better bumpers, aerowipers, steering wheel controls, aux-in radio and moreeee! =]

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I would go for the Cupra model as you will probably want to upgrade the brakes and swap to a FMIC on the FR after a while anyway. The Cupra has these as standard.... as well as better looking bumpers and cruise control! Better looking exhaust too. There would be nothing between them in terms of running costs except for tax and insurance. Consumables would be very similar in price.

Last edited:

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Neither has mine and I would love to have it!!!

If insurance is not too bad then you have to go for the cupra. I've had mine for 6 months and love it, go for a stage 1 map with p-torque and you'll be laughing and the clutch will be fine assuming the mileage is sensible/previous owner/s have been easy on it

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
Mileage on the Cupra is 55k and the FR is only 30K. I'm just woried that 55K is a bit much considering i'll easily be puting 15K a year on it and wanting to keep it for atleast 3 years?

Apr 27, 2008
55k is nothing at all, maybe if it had another 100k on top of that then yes, but even then it will last even longer. just make sure its been looked after like mike said and its been serviced right, then it'll be fine.

Apr 27, 2008
when i got my 05 cupra last august, i got it for £6600. it was up for £7000, it had 67,000ish miles on the clock, a full uprated organic sach clutch and custom remap if that help's :shrug: it was bought private as well

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.