Ibiza Sport 1.6 105PS - what standard equipment does it have ?

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Maybe because the radio is so new there haven't been any posts, not sure really lol. Wonder how it gets replaced if the unit breaks ?, there has to be a way, but i daren't fiddle on too much with it at the moment with the car being so new, don't want to break it (but it's only a matter of time before i do end up breaking it, curiosity always gets the better of me !!). I imagine that the radio rear has a small USB socket on it (like the ones your digital camera has) and a standard USB cable would fit into it terminating into a female larger USB end (where the memory stick goes), or at least that's my theory !!

Andy

SB

Yeh, unless they remove the whole of the front casing of the car, I was thinking it may be accesible via the glove box?
I emailed Seat to ask if you could remove the HU, they just replied with the warranty wont cover the headunit, nothing about whether you could do it or not.

S

SB

I meant that if you change the HU the warranty may become void, but they still didnt say anything about if you could change, so i assume there must be a way.

sb

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
ah right ! - i agree, there has to be a way. I cannot even see any small slits or anything round the radio, the fascia doesn't even seem to pop off in any way. Even in my Cupra the Aura radio used to come out with those radio forks, but this has me baffled !. I'm sure it's a simple connection to get the Ipod/USB thing working, but it's trying to get the radio out that's the hard part !.

Actually i might ask the Seat garage because i have to take the car back up at some point to get the digital speedo to read out in mph (it currently reads out in km/h, which is useless!). Didn't even realise the new Ibiza had a digital speedo on, it would be very handy if only it was reading in mph !. Had a look at the handbook and apparently you can change it to read mph in 3 simple steps....those steps don't work for me though !

Regards,
Andy

SB

a

lol, nice. Tried typing in search engines to see any results mate?

SB

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
yep, and all links seem to link back to my original question on this forum lol !!. Cannot find anything anywhere. When i rang Seat they said bring it into any garage and they would stick it on their diagnostic computer to see if there was any tickbox needed ticking !! - all for free of course !. So i might drop it down one night after work and also ask about the radio !

Regards,
Andy

SB

S

Yeh same, I am going in tomorrow, gonna try and talk to a young lad lol, a old man wont know jack probably :> So see wht they say, this is getting me frustated lol! All my plans to kit it out possibly out of the window lol

regards, SB

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Well even if you cannot kit it out as much as you wanted, it's still a very very nice car !, and it's quite surprising how many heads it turns with it not being a very common car (yet !). I love the Seats (SEAT cars, not the things you sit in lol !) !

Regards,
Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Yep it's just a groove, or at least if it's a slit then it's pretty well welded to the dash !, i was going to try and force something behind it but i was worried i'd make a pigs ear of it and end up scraping the radio or vinyl !.

Regards,
Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
SB, i've just noticed that the outer ring does actually pop off, part of mine did to reveal some kind of hex screw (you know those ones with weird cross threads), so i think it will slide out with the correct screwdriver !

Best Regards,
Andy

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Well just had a test drive of the 1.6 Sport and it's a cracking little car !. I went and bought it, should have it by Friday. £9800 on a July 2008 car, 1,800 miles, FSH (Demo Car), Bluetooth, Climate Ctrl, 17" alloys, metallic (black magic) paint, etc. Brand new on the road should be £12,200 so a £2400 saving is not too bad.

Just a small query tho. On the new Ibiza, the trip computer is a bit weird, i couldn't get it to show instantaneous mpg or average mpg, is this done with the buttons on the stalk ??

Also on the trip computer it was showing current speed (which i was surprised at), but in km/hr, is there a way to change it to mph ??

All the best
Andy

Just got the garage to email SEAT about the digital speedo reading in km/hr. In the handbook on Pg53 it says you can change it to mph....but you cannot !. email from SEAT said that there is no way to change this to mph as it is law to have it kept in km/hr. This is because on a normal car you have mph and km/h on the analogue dials. On the new Ibiza, you only have mph on the analogue speedo. The law states UK cars need to have both mph and km/h readings, this is why on the new Ibiza the little digital speedo gauge reads in km/h....to complement the analogue one which does not have km/h on the outer ring !!

Having said all that, there must be a way to get it to read mph !!!!!! - surely the computer can multiply this figure by 0.6214 to get mph somehow !!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Andy

kennyrlc

Im New..

Hi Andy and SB, I'm expecting my new 1.6 sport next month so I thought I'd join in on your conversation :D
I've just read all the post and it's made me even more anxuois to get my car, I can't wait. I'm getting it on finance (Forces Finance) and I added as much extras as I could: 17" alloys, tainted windows...
I like what you've said about the sound system, USB doesn't intersest me but I've never expedience six speakers before...
Cheers for the read.
Kenny

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Just got the garage to email SEAT about the digital speedo reading in km/hr. In the handbook on Pg53 it says you can change it to mph....but you cannot !. email from SEAT said that there is no way to change this to mph as it is law to have it kept in km/hr. This is because on a normal car you have mph and km/h on the analogue dials. On the new Ibiza, you only have mph on the analogue speedo. The law states UK cars need to have both mph and km/h readings, this is why on the new Ibiza the little digital speedo gauge reads in km/h....to complement the analogue one which does not have km/h on the outer ring !!

Having said all that, there must be a way to get it to read mph !!!!!! - surely the computer can multiply this figure by 0.6214 to get mph somehow !!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Andy

There has to be a way to change it, as cars sold in countries that use km/h probably have mph on the digital display if that is the logic behind it.

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
I agree markmeus !, but how to do it, i'm not sure....very annoying !

Kennyrlc, you'll love the car !. I have the 1.6 sport 5 dr in black, 17" alloys, bluetooth radio, digital climate control and i love it. The radio (to me) sounds great, i'm sure there are better radios out there, better speakers out there, but i've had tens of different radios in my cars over the past 20 years or so, Sony, Blaupunkt, Pioneer etc and this one is every bit as good in my view. The big font readout is awesome !.

The car has enough poke for me, even has decent pull in 5th gear for what i need it for, does around 37mpg on what i consider to be combined urban (not 43 as Seat say, hmmm !), but at least it's 7 or 8 mpg more than my Leon Cupra did, which is around a 28% increase in mpg (i.e. 28% less fuel to pull out for !!!!)

Regards,
Andy

Last edited:

bogi

Great choice Andy:)
Sorry for the off topic but can you tell me something more about the ride comfort, noises inside the cabin and stuff like this from your own experience whit the car. Is the DSG gearbox available for your version 1.6 - 5 door Ibiza.

Regards
Bogi

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Hi bogi, the ride comfort seems absolutely fine, the suspension does feel a little harder than the 1.2 i drove, but it is the sport suspension after all, but it rides fine. The ride feels higher than my Leon Cupra, ie i feel as if i'm sitting higher, i'm not sure if that's true or not, or i'm just getting used to the feel of it. Noise is not a problem, it does have tyre noise, but i put that down to the 17" tyres - more contact with the road etc. Pirelli's fitted. Dials are very clear, white numerals on black background, red pointers, very bright and clear. Controls well, steering a LOT lighter than my Leon Cupra, but it has speed related power steering (power steering helps out more at lower speeds), handy little tweaks such as seat-belt reminders, door warnings, doors lock over 15mph (my leon's never did), when the lights are on and you turn, the corresponding spot light illuminates so you get better illumination of the road when turning, fuel remaining seems more accurate (doesn't fluctuate as much as my cupra did when going up/down a hill !), trip computer updates every 5 seconds (it was every 8 seconds in the leon), trip computer shows a few settings in the display at once, radio is great (6 speakers, 2 in the back, 2 in the front and 2 tweeters on the front door posts). Seems nippy enough and pretty decent on the fuel.

All in all very happy with the car !

Feel free to ask if you want any more detailed info on anything to do with it, i'll try to answer as best i can !

(PS i think the DSG is coming out soon, not exactly sure when....see http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=201638), DSG seems great, but more things to go wrong lol !

Regards,
Andy

Last edited:

spireman

the dealer wanted to spray all the damage on the passenser door of my nes Ibiza, i said no chance and they wouldnt even leave the upgraded alloys on a replacement car that was nearly in the country.
I have told them to shove it and just bought the new Golf mk6, 1.4tsi 122 bhp, what a engine only 0.2 seconds slower to 60mph than the 2 litre 140bhp turbo diesel, it goes like stink.

bogi

Thanks for the comprehensive answer Andy:)
At the moment I drive the Ibiza Mk4 1.9 tdi and the only thing that is wrong with it is the stiff suspension. But overall I love my car :D I test drive the new one but it was a 1.4 petrol engine and I need a bit more power than that. However I instantly felt the difference. It's much more refine than the old one. What do you mean by "much more things to go wrong". I don't think it's more unreliable than the 5 speed manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.