Ibiza sport ipod connection not sure?

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
:) Hi people as some of you may no im still getting used to the wifes,ibiza sport 06 plate

my query is....
can she use a ipod with the standard cd head unit? (by means of seat leads only)
down by the ashtray, there is some sort of blanked off little round hole? was the ipod lead a opitonal extra form new? can i buy a lead from a stealer?

some one must be able to help???;)

ibiza_adam

Jun 25, 2009
Does the little round hole look like a 3.5mm jack socket? (A headphone jack) Does it say Aux on it? If so then you can just use a 3.5mm jack to jack to play the sound through the headunit but you won't be able to controll it.

Does you headunit have the CHANGER or AUX button on the right hand side?

conkerman

Oct 18, 2006
What stereo is it??

You mat be able to use a Denison Icelink. They are pretty good.

Conks

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Does the little round hole look like a 3.5mm jack socket? (A headphone jack) Does it say Aux on it? If so then you can just use a 3.5mm jack to jack to play the sound through the headunit but you won't be able to controll it.

Does you headunit have the CHANGER or AUX button on the right hand side?

:)3.5mm jack looks right? but only prob is its blanked off. hence optional extra??????

the make is alana mp3 head unit..

and on the button on the far right it says 6cd,but there s no disc changer:confused:

ibiza_adam

Jun 25, 2009
Ah right, i'm with you now! Sorry yes it would say 6cd!!! Is it the standard sport or is it the DAB model?

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
I thought the only 'aux' port for plugging in an MP3 player) was down by the back end of the handbrake on the other side to the traction control button (on the 130 TDI).

The Alana unit has 6cd written on it, as it will accept one - perhaps it was an optional extra? My 130 Sport came with an Alpine one that the previous owner had fitted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.