Ibiza TDI Boost Gauge Fitting

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
search and ye shall find....

..but to start you off...I got a Glowshift gauge from the states, tapped one end into the hard plastic section og the boost pipe and fed it through the bonnet cable grommit (on a mk1 leon tdi though)

gaugeinstall.jpg

there are threads on here that go into a fair bit of detail about it

Wasn't keen on the Nomad pillars so the drivers vent got replaced with a Nev-pod!

picture-1-2.jpg

picture-1-3.jpg

Last edited:

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Best POD's here > http://www.nomadracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=56

Get a gauge to fit your POD (52mm or 60mm), i've just replaced my mechanical gauge with an electrical one and its sooooo much nicer! and easier to install for that matter.

which electric gauge did you go for mate?

EDIT: Just found it on your Readers Ride thread...lookin nice! I dont get those problems on my gauge though, well i did before i fitted a no-buzz piece. Now its silent and needle doesnt vibrate either! Sexy looking guage though.

Last edited:

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
also have a slightly larger one , which is nice touch , a blitz one,
white face & red needle with black numbers that light up red exaxtly like the oem clocks i have , but as i have a dual pod , id need to find a matching one :(

dan666

Oct 13, 2009
Hartford, Cheshire
old thread i know. been doing some reading and going to get this done asap. will give me excuse to use neon yellow silicon ppe i bought cheap 2 yrs ago from traxs lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.