Ibiza TDI Intercooler lower joint?

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
I discovered a little oil on the engine pan/floor (plastic cover under engine) at the drivers side near the front of the car where the pan connects to the underside of the front bumper at the edge near the wheel. I discovered it when trying to take the lower bottom out of the front bumper, even managed to get some drips on the driveway.

It's not much and I suspect it's been collecting there for years perhaps. People seem to suggest some leakage from the 'intercooler lower joint' is somewhat normal? Is the lower joint at the drivers side? And has anyone else noticed a little oil collecting in the pan in this area? As I say I suspect it's been colleting there for a while.

Thanks in advance.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
I discovered a little oil on the engine pan/floor (plastic cover under engine) at the drivers side near the front of the car where the pan connects to the underside of the front bumper at the edge near the wheel. I discovered it when trying to take the lower bottom out of the front bumper, even managed to get some drips on the driveway.

It's not much and I suspect it's been collecting there for years perhaps. People seem to suggest some leakage from the 'intercooler lower joint' is somewhat normal? Is the lower joint at the drivers side? And has anyone else noticed a little oil collecting in the pan in this area? As I say I suspect it's been colleting there for a while.

Thanks in advance.

Seals and pipes leaking isnt necessary normal but lets just say it isnt unknown, even on new models ;) If its bad, power will decrease due to boost pressure being lost.
Some seals are available on their own for small money, but some only come wuth new pipes. Depends exactly which one is affected . . . .

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Yes indeed, I think something that is common can be confused with normal!

I just noticed it by chance, as I got some spots of oil on my fingers while trying to remove the bottom bit of the bumper from the engine floor cover. Its a very small amount and has some dirt from the cover in there too, so I think it has been there for a while. Seeing as its so common I was interested in anyone else who has noticed something similar.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.