Ibiza xenon headlights problem

perikolos

Hello every one!

I have a 2005 Ibiza FR 1.8T with OEM xenon headlights and I have a problem. I`ve changed the bulbs, because I had one that was not running ok (when the lights were on and the bulb warmed up to its optimal temperature it was going on and off and after a few minutes it went off completly), so after asking around I`ve bought a new pair of bulbs (about 100 euros) and I fitted them on the car in a friend`s garage. Last night I`ve forgot the lights on and the battery died. Today after charging up the battery I`ve managed to start the car and I`ve noticed that a bulb won`t come on, before the battery died it was working no problems( I`ve changed them 4 days ago). I understand that this bulbs aren`t supose to die like this.(they ussualy give some notice like the one I had last week and presented above).

So can anyone give me an idea about why this happend? I`ve cheked the fuse box and they are all ok. Anyone knows the wireing for this to know were to look? And if anyone can tell me if there is anothere fuse box beside the one near the steering wheel.

Thank you!

PS: Please excuse my english is a little rust!

DimitrisGR

Dec 3, 2007
Athens, Greece
I asume that you have a problem with your ballast kit[/img]http://www.tradenote.net/images/users/000/110/283/products_images/Hid_Xenon_Car_Lighting_Upgrade_Kit.jpg[/img]

The "black box" you see with the cable coming out of it...
I was facing a problem with my left bulb & we came to this conclusion....
Maybe there is a malfuction regarding the power getting through it.
You shoud see it either with a proffesional or if you have a multimeter see if there is somethinhg unusuall with the power coming through.

I asume this is your problem..
I think you've made a mistake changings bulbs so quickly..! :(

perikolos

Thank you for your reply, and for the picture, but the car had xenon headlights from factory I didn`t put a HID convertion kit. The dealer service told me that the bulb is dead so I had to buy one new (their price was about 280 pounds per bulb +VAT, and I`ve bought a pair for about 80 pounds).
I`ve found the problem. It is the control module for the headlight [:@]! I`m so angry! this one is a lot of money!! So thanks anyway for the help... need to buy new one of that, so I have to wait more to buy a FMIC and exhaust system... and other stuff.:cry:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
If you want to get rid of the xenons and go to standard halogens I'm sure there will be people in your country willing to swap even though yours have a fault.....................................

perikolos

I have brand new genuine ballast/control unit for sale.

Hy, scuze my late response. How much do you want for that, and can you put a picture of the control unit to make sure is what I need.
Thank you.

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
Sorry to mess you about but have since decided not to sell as your ballast failing has made me think that I may need it as a spare. Part number that you require is 3D0907391B. They fit Audi A4 2002-2004 too. There are a few on ebay from US sellers.

perikolos

Hy all.... problem fixed! and it was cheap...:)
If anyone would like to know the balast/control module is the same as in the peugeot 607 facelift! and at peugeot is about half the price (brand new)... I managed to buy 2 modules and 2 D2R bulbs for 90 pounds.....
Thank you for the help with my problem..

command

ibiza mk4 xenon ballast

Hy all.... problem fixed! and it was cheap...:)
If anyone would like to know the balast/control module is the same as in the peugeot 607 facelift! and at peugeot is about half the price (brand new)... I managed to buy 2 modules and 2 D2R bulbs for 90 pounds.....
Thank you for the help with my problem..

Hello My friend

you got the oem ballast like this?

oemxenonpart.com/oemballast/Seat-Cordoba-MK3-OEM-D1S-Xenon-Ballast.jpg

perikolos

nope.
like this: oemxenonpart.com/Seat-Ibiza-OEM-Xenon-HID-HeadLight-Ballast-Bulb.htm

command

Problem is ballast

You car xenon headlight not working problem is ballast .not bulb.

so you need changet this part.

this site can help you

oemxenonpart.com