IHI POWER!! Booked in at Jabba

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
true but on the downside there is still a possibility that the sports cat will fail MOT. my milltek on my stage 2 revo just passed, it took a while for the guy to get the reading low enough.

and a decat will give more power and quicker spool up.

the the race cat sounds and ideal solution.

ill prob end up doing this next yr.

thanks

myk3

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
true but on the downside there is still a possibility that the sports cat will fail MOT. my milltek on my stage 2 revo just passed, it took a while for the guy to get the reading low enough.

and a decat will give more power and quicker spool up.

the the race cat sounds and ideal solution.

ill prob end up doing this next yr.

thanks

myk3

i ran 100 cel cat and passed emissions ok on my BT mk4 golf & ibiza.
I did'nt notice "any" different from 100 cel cat to decat on mine. from a 400cel OE cat yea, restrictive as its not sized properly for the motor so you would expect some flow gains going decat.

Only thing I have seen is getting lambda levels to pass, as HC were completely dealt with by the 100cel cat. lambda fluctuation (lean) was a poor 2 bolt leaky DP flange seal arrangement on my "then" JS IHI setup. (mine are 3 bolt fixings now on my own kits) - sucking air in makes lambda look leaner at sensor probe. Car runs lambda control so is 100% **** on, but testing probes also have to cope with any and all exhaust leaks.

What were your readings? which aspect struggled?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.