oil filter
turbo fitting kit (oil water lines etc)
Oil
Coolant
stg3 remap
labour

this is from Bill @ Badger5

trust me, I would recommend him above anyone else on this site

power output from the logs I have seen is the car is on full boost at around 2700/2800rpm and holds well till around 6500rpm

power is around 280-290bhp max I would say with similar torque, more than a good road weapon against the likes of a Ford ST and scoobies

at least be prepared to double that cost if you are going down the IHI route.....

jamiebennett81

Excuse me for being dumb here but what exactly makes a K04 hybrid different to a normal K04? What are the pros and cons of this?

hybrid:

360 degree thrust bearing - allowing for stronger boost to be run and less play in the shaft
enlargened turbine inlet
enlargened turbine wheel
bigger comp housing
uprated seals

are the main things...basically allowing it to run higher levels of boost and flow omre

mikey_b

May 18, 2008
Manchester
will be a little cheaper if you have a decent k03s to exchange

for around that price tag is:

CR Hybrid turbo
Forge TIP
Exhaust High flow manifold
oil filter
turbo fitting kit (oil water lines etc)
Oil
Coolant
stg3 remap
labour

this is from Bill @ Badger5

trust me, I would recommend him above anyone else on this site

power output from the logs I have seen is the car is on full boost at around 2700/2800rpm and holds well till around 6500rpm

power is around 280-290bhp max I would say with similar torque, more than a good road weapon against the likes of a Ford ST and scoobies

at least be prepared to double that cost if you are going down the IHI route.....

dose badger5 do a ko4-hybrid???

jamiebennett81

dose badger5 do a ko4-hybrid???

I think so....but it wont be a straight forward fitment, as this means the re routing of IC pipework etc

for the cost Vs gains to be had, it would be better to go for the k03s hybrid route

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Only thing that would stop me doing that if I had an LC would be the fact that you could probably sell the LC and buy an LCR and a stage one map for the same cost. Unless you're after the challenge I guess...

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Only thing that would stop me doing that if I had an LC would be the fact that you could probably sell the LC and buy an LCR and a stage one map for the same cost. Unless you're after the challenge I guess...

LCR with stage 1 would give you about 260bhp. Even a relatively poorly mapped hybrid K03s will give that and it will be a far better drive than a stage 1 LCR. Boost comes in earlier, hold on stronger and torque is higher with a flatter curve.

jamiebennett81

LCR with stage 1 would give you about 260bhp. Even a relatively poorly mapped hybrid K03s will give that and it will be a far better drive than a stage 1 LCR. Boost comes in earlier, hold on stronger and torque is higher with a flatter curve.

would a hybrid k03s hold on stronger though.......even I think a K04 would hold it stronger due to it being a bigger turbo, despite it being slightly laggier...although even then a K04 I doubt isn't much laggier than a hybrid k03s

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
You have to remember that a K03s is already a "hybrid" turbo, its part K03 and part K04. A proper reworked hybrid K03s will hold boost far beyond the capabilities of a standard K04 and it'll spool up 750rpm earlier too.

jamiebennett81

You have to remember that a K03s is already a "hybrid" turbo, its part K03 and part K04. A proper reworked hybrid K03s will hold boost far beyond the capabilities of a standard K04 and it'll spool up 750rpm earlier too.

no its not. A k03s is an off the shelf turbo, as from factory spec, all be it an upgraded version of the k03 which was on the early 2000 model Leons

a "proper" hybrid includes aspects such as 360 degree thrust bearing, largened inlet etc etc

jamiebennett81

I'm just talking about the costs - a hybrid k03 will pretty much get you to where a k04 already is that's all...

were losing sight of things here

we have suggested a hybrid k03s for this thread as it is a pretty straight forward swap, costs stay at a reasonable price and will give more power than a k04

going from a standard factory spec setup which has a k03s to a k04 is more work, a lot more cost and probably not all that massive difference for an "on the road performance"

as I said earlier, cost Vs gain

Cupra Ross

May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
no its not. A k03s is an off the shelf turbo, as from factory spec, all be it an upgraded version of the k03 which was on the early 2000 model Leons

a "proper" hybrid includes aspects such as 360 degree thrust bearing, largened inlet etc etc

Hence why hybrid was in quotation marks. Its a hybrid in the truest form of the word, a K03s turbo has a K03 turbine and a K04 compressor.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.