Illuminated Dashboard Colour

chill_winstonuk

I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to change the pink / red dashboard colour on the dials - thinking I would prefer a different colour, just not too sure whether it was possible and what work it would entail!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
can be done but they are not standard led/bulbs they use smd's

which are great light but a right ****** to remove and refit

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
related but not quite.

I have the dimmer set as low as possible, but would like to turn it down some more (make darker) as I don't like bright lights or feel I am in blackpool when driving at night.
Can it be turned down more (make darker)?
If yes, How can I do this?

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
lol i was goin be cocky and say, turn your lights off.. but that wont work lol..

the only way i could think is to get a different dimmer switch.. one that will dim lower.. or get some sort of tinted cover over the dash?!! not a clue other than that..

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i thought they dimmed right down ?

anyway - the supply can be altered by adding another dimmer well actually a variable resistor

could be added to the rear and trimmed down so the standard front one would be more 'in range' so to speak

Jan 22, 2007
i do have them dimmed right down, well as far as the dial will let me anyay. I want to go some more, as dislike bright lights. Even wear sunnies in winter due to bright light hating.

think i understood what you were saying fl@pper but not sure.
Could you put in pigeon english for me please? as i'm really rather thick at car mod and electrics.

Mar 5, 2007
Really looks like you're living up to your user name :)

With the dimmer right down the light is virtually off!

Jan 22, 2007
yep, that works for me.
only need to be able to see speedo & revs at night. all others are informational that can become lit ala SAAB when you need to be informed of something.
the aircon/heating area lighting could replace blackpool on its own

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members