Immobiliser - Cutting Out

CLARE

Hi,
Can anybody help please?
I have a TDI 130 bhp 2003. When driving the dash board 'freezes', ie the speedo stops. Once the engine is turned off it won't re start.

Has anyone experienced similar problems?

Thanks, Clare

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
my brothers 130tdi used to do all sorts of silly things with the fuel needle going dead and air bag lights coming on and off

he needed a new instrument cluster to be fitted and coded and it cost $400 plus and that was the dealer giving him a discount too

CLARE

The instrument cluster has been stripped down. We thought it was just a loose connection as the car then started again. However, it's gone again tonight!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
hhmmm, I removed and stripped down/resoldered my brothers cluster to try and get rid of any dodgy connections

it seems it was some sort of electronic/logic problem so only a new one would fix it

maybe yours is a different fault but it seems like a few have done this sort of thing on here

oedo

I've a similar problem on my '02 tdi 130. Never had any instrument failure but the immobiliser intermitantly cuts in and won't let me start the car until I wiggle the key and stuff. Hasn't stopped the car mid drive yet but I fear it's probably the same (expensive!) fault with the instrument cluster as mentioned above :(