**IMPORTANT** Exeo Pioneer Unit Issues

Simon H

All Exeo Sport Tech people with the replaced Pioneer AVIC 930BT unit - Myself and Wildie on here have experienced a problem with this unit swtiching itself off and back on again and resetting all the presets and preferences - sometimes switching itself off for a day or so and then suddenly coming back to life - If anyone else has seen these issues could you please post your comments on this sticky - SEAT will not replace these units until they can prove that there is an issue and proving an intermitent fault is almost impossible...Lets try and sort this situation out together!! Many thanks.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Sorry not exeo but just got my grubby hands on a Avic-F920BT myself :)

If i get any issues etc i'll post up

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
right not had any issue till now after taking mem card out and fixing the curpt files on it till now,
yesterdayI updated our ipod touch 3 via itunes claims some fixes yeah right now the ipod wont connect to the unit via bluetooth and the when it did pair the ipod not supported system or somat.
so well done with this walled garden my ipod no longer compatable with our pioneer unit which was made for apple hardware.

tja198a

Feb 27, 2011
andover, hampshire
i have a exeo se tech and it has restarted it self loads of time any ive taken it into seat and they have no idea what it is all they said was that the stereo is not communicating with the car when they plug the car in

Simon H

I would like to offer an improtant update:

Having gone right to the top with Seat Customer care UK I have managed to get my local dealership to perform a full technical investigation on the Pioneer unit. This involved leaving the car with the dealer for 1 week. They found that when the unit was still connected but free from the mounting frame in the dash as it was moved from side to side it turned off and rebooted. All wiring connections were checked individually and a frayed wire connection was found.

Please note that I have already updated the firmware to 3.001 and this is not a fix for this or at least my issues.

Once the wiring was fixed the unit has been fine since (2 months now). In 2 months the unit has actually turned itself off but only momenterily and switched back on again without loosing any data.

I now have a constant interference in the form of a whistling sound through the speakers when the engine is running and increases in frequency as you accelerate however I have chosen to live with this as it is not so bad but I plan to have it looked during its first service.

So in conclusion if you are experiencing the reboot or more importantly switching off problems that casues loss of settings data then please contact UK customer care and demand a fix - believe me you have to be very firm with them to get this sorted - they will have records of this issue because I went straight to the top. Get the car into a dealer and get them to check ALL wiring connections with a fine tooth comb! The firmware update does NOTHING! but it is worth doing if your unit does not have v3.001 - you get a couple more features but it does nothing for the fix.

;)

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
they found somat like that with ours the plug was in but had loose wires in that did nt connect fully they had to push the wires into the block plug.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
right my unit gone been gone for weeks now went in for them to look at it due the fact when blutooth was in use the thing rebooted alot, also they found it had locked it`s self demanding a pwd which was never set by me, so its cost them to have it unlocked and it will be replaced with somat else, what I`ve no idea if it`s a rns-e or another pioneer. 4 weeks big hole in dash now.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I would like to offer an improtant update:

Having gone right to the top with Seat Customer care UK I have managed to get my local dealership to perform a full technical investigation on the Pioneer unit. This involved leaving the car with the dealer for 1 week. They found that when the unit was still connected but free from the mounting frame in the dash as it was moved from side to side it turned off and rebooted. All wiring connections were checked individually and a frayed wire connection was found.

Please note that I have already updated the firmware to 3.001 and this is not a fix for this or at least my issues.

Once the wiring was fixed the unit has been fine since (2 months now). In 2 months the unit has actually turned itself off but only momenterily and switched back on again without loosing any data.

I now have a constant interference in the form of a whistling sound through the speakers when the engine is running and increases in frequency as you accelerate however I have chosen to live with this as it is not so bad but I plan to have it looked during its first service.

So in conclusion if you are experiencing the reboot or more importantly switching off problems that casues loss of settings data then please contact UK customer care and demand a fix - believe me you have to be very firm with them to get this sorted - they will have records of this issue because I went straight to the top. Get the car into a dealer and get them to check ALL wiring connections with a fine tooth comb! The firmware update does NOTHING! but it is worth doing if your unit does not have v3.001 - you get a couple more features but it does nothing for the fix.

;)

R.e whistling sound, we had an old mazda 323 with a HUGE system in it. Sounds like a dogy turbo. Whistling sound maybe earthing issue or power cables near signal causing interferance (unsheilded?) that was our conclusion anyway because we dogged it in for a road trip! Hope it turns some lightbulbs on........

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
still not got our unit back its been over 2 months now.
sick of looking at the hole and wires in the dash..

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
got he unit back yesterday still faulting and the best bit they lost the on and off knob, anyway it`s been replaced soon head office got to give the go ahead but which unit we be getting no idea i like touch screen and the one in the 2012 is not:(

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
Got a date now for the new updated unit that will work with all the cars systems, they claim just wait n see soon find out on the 25th.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
its the cheapo pioneer wish they put real thing in it was suppose to have but due bad timing we missed out with the build.

tone locco

All Exeo Sport Tech people with the replaced Pioneer AVIC 930BT unit - Myself and Wildie on here have experienced a problem with this unit swtiching itself off and back on again and resetting all the presets and preferences - sometimes switching itself off for a day or so and then suddenly coming back to life - If anyone else has seen these issues could you please post your comments on this sticky - SEAT will not replace these units until they can prove that there is an issue and proving an intermitent fault is almost impossible...Lets try and sort this situation out together!! Many thanks.
Picked up my EXEO last July and the sat nav was ropey.
Hobins of Preston took it in and relocated the GPS attenna as requested by me and that was sorted, however it still turned itself off and on. They took it back for a day, ran up smae miles and said they could not find a fault. Now have a 2nd problem it wont recognise the USB or AUX ports at all. Hobins having it back on 07/07/12 to check the wiring?
Seat Uk Cust Serv now involved as Service staff did not look at the problem when it was in for sevice, said they would book it back in - did not ring me admitted they forgot. Long story lots of calls.
Has anyone had a sucess story with the Pioneer units? Has anyone had them replaced with a new one or with the proper SEAT unit.
can anyone twll if they altered the dash on our builds as i seem to remember that the dash was going to be differrent to enable the dash display for the SATNAV/telephone etc?