In Addition to a short shift?

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
Hi Guys,

have been reading about a short shift for a while and i think i am going to get one. Woop!

but, has anyone shortend the actual gear stick? Like on some audis the actual gear knob is really low. Has anyone done this, and is there any need to do it?

Thanks

djhektik

YES!

looks wicked, you need a hacksaw, a carrier bag and some tape ;)

i'll get pics of my leon up later, but heres a pic from my Golf

2919345470_87e70fce70.jpg

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Seat sport gear knob is a good addition, it is shorter than stock, and is much heavier. In combination it improves the shifting a small but noticable amount.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I cant see that cutting the shaft will make as much difference as the short shift. Especially for the price you can pick some short shifts up for. And its probably less likely you'll bodge it with an actual short shift :whistle:

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
IF you want to change the throw, get both short shifters.

You can get an up/down as well as a left/right short shifter :)

HAHA. no thats not what i mean. I know i need a short shift kit to actually short shift.. as it were, but the actual physical gear stick is quite tall. In some Audi's they are really quite dinky, low down. In a Audi A6 at work the gear knob is only about 1 and half inches off the bottom of the centre console.

I can just cut the pole to achieve this right? and probably fit a new gaitor.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
dont cut it too short since you have to depress it to engage reverse. you might not be able to get your hand round then to move it

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
If your going to all the bother of this maybe replace your gear linkages as they might well be worn. INA do uprated stiffer ones, mine are in the post but initial responses from another SCN member is good.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.