Info on 1.4 Sport, 3dr. 100BHP please?

Danneh

ALright everyone,

Just signed up today and looking for info on a specific ibiza! :)

Basically, I've looked through the range of Ibiza's I can afford to insure and I hink I've found the right one for me!

2003+ Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sport, 3dr. However, I am looking at the 100BHP version, not the 75. I am wandering what are these cars like in general? Is the 100BHP gutsy enough for a 17 year old? Probably one of the best I can get at this age though. :)

This will be my 2nd car - I did have a 1995 Suzuki Swift 1.3 :happy:

So, is there anything I should be aware of? I obviously understand things will eventually break, as I do about 16,000+ miles a year. (Yeah, at this age! :p) But, are there any common things to look out which would make it a :censored: hassle?

I love buying new things, and cars in no exception! I WAS into the 'boy racer' pug 106, saxo etc, scene, but I now want a smart, reasonable handling + power, comfortable car for driving enjoyment :D

SO what do you guys think of this Ibiza then? Also - any places where to find this 100BHP version cause there seems to be hardly any!! [:@]

Cheers guys!

Dan

Apr 27, 2008
ibiza dan is right you should think about it. although i have a ibiza 1.4 100bhp ibiza which you are looking for and it is a good nippy car but you always want more power though :). If you do get a TDI the insurance shoudn't be much different to the 100bhp, plus if you keep it for a few years till your insurance goes down you can get a remap and make it faster if you like. As for the 100bhp you can get a remap for it but it wouldn't be worth it because you would only gain 5-10bhp, iv only ready asked about it :(

Danneh

Is the insurance anymore on a 1.9 TDI ?
If not then might be worth thinking about. :funk:

1.9TDI is insurable. What are they like? anymore "fun" than the 100HP 1.4 Petrol? I know they'll have loads more torque.

But... It's a Diesel!

I don't really like Diesels, but I'd have to test drive one to know for sure.

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Just about sums it up flegz16 :rolleyes:
I said i would never buy a derv until i went out in mine.

I left a deposit on it there and then.

I do miss the revs to be honest but the torque is awsome and more than makes up for it, plus for the performance it is very cheap on tax, fuel and insurance.

Mine started as a 100bhp SE TDI. It isnt anymore though :D :whistle: :D

Fordy_FR

Oct 19, 2006
Gateshead
If you've never driven a TDi you'll be quite surprised. See if you can get an older 130 sport (before they changed to FR) they're only group 7 I think and will be quicker than most 106s, saxos etc.

Danneh

Hmm, interesting. I'll have to Test drive one.

However, I am a 'revvy' person ;)

I don't think I could do without the revs, sound and feel. However, I know the extra performance increase and the huge torque increase will have me giggling like a little girl!

Hmm..

Danneh

If you've never driven a TDi you'll be quite surprised. See if you can get an older 130 sport (before they changed to FR) they're only group 7 I think and will be quicker than most 106s, saxos etc.

The 1.4 Sport 100bhp is far quicker than pugs, saxo's, corsa's, even some of the 1.6's. Brilliant engine spec and easy to insure. One of the reasons I am buying Ibiza. Oh, and the newer ones arent tin cans!

Ps I drove a 1.2 and a 1.6 corsa. I HATE THEM. Damn indicators!!!!

Apr 27, 2008
Tbh danneh thats why i went for the petrol, a don't like the sound of the diesel engine but you could always put a exhaust on it to drown the noise of the engine out. As for bin more fun, my 100bhp is a good car and is fun to drive its just how long will it be before you want more power?! Like you said your best off have ago in the diesel and then make your mind up, you never no you might like it :).

Have you looked on the auto trader website? thats where i found mine but i had to drive about 150miles to get it worth it though.

Danneh

Yeah, been on autotrader plenty. Trouble is, they are few and far between. Also, getting a decent example with FSH, good condition, lowish milage is ever harder!

I'm going to be putting a lot of miles on it keeping it for a few years so condition, newish (2003 onwards) and milage are a big thing to me.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
When I first passed my test at 17 I had a 1.4 Peugeot 306. Great handling car, but after driving it for about 2 years I got bored with the power. I looked at loads of different more powerful petrol cars which all were in fairly high insurance groups.

I had always wanted a TDI but always thought that a car with +130bhp would expensive to insure. I then came across the Ibiza TDI Sport 130 and have never looked back! I bought mine when I was 19 and the insurance wasn't much more than what I was paying for my 306! The 306 was in group 4 or 5 whereas the Ibiza is in group 7.

In my opinion you can't get a quicker, newer and more economical car than an Ibiza TDI at a young age. If you can’t stretch to a group 7 TDI you could go for a group 5 TDI100 which is still good for 130bhp+ with a remap :)

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
1.9TDI is insurable. What are they like? anymore "fun" than the 100HP 1.4 Petrol? I know they'll have loads more torque.

But... It's a Diesel!

I don't really like Diesels, but I'd have to test drive one to know for sure.

had a 1.6 sx LEON, then bought a CANDY WHITE IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08.

WHAT A GREAT MOTOR, SO HAPPY I BOUGHT.:)

TURBO RULES ;)

Danneh

The general theme is Diesel TDI's rule.

Oh my lord.. :p

Interesting, I am definatly going to test drive a 100/130TDI sometime soon, as well as a 1.4 100bhp petrol. If I can find the damn things.

So TDI lovers, is it the oomph of the torque? Of 130HP makes it rather quick, too.

Danneh

My mouth is now watering for a TDI 130.

I will go to a dealer and test drive one when I can. I hope I won;'t be disappointed. It's going to stretch me a far whack... though if I choose it, it'll will of been worth it!

Do you guys think in smaller engine sizers, TDI's are better? Ofc when I am older and (hopefully a good salary) I would rather choose a V8's and V10's anyday! :p Such as a the BMW M5 - 8,250 RPM for a 5l V10!

We can always dream?

:D

Danneh

QUESTION:

Do the 1.9TDI 130 Sport Editions rev to:

4,500rpm (the usual as with most Diesels)
5,000rpm (some diesels I have seen are capable of 5000 before redline)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
QUESTION:

Do the 1.9TDI 130 Sport Editions rev to:

4,500rpm (the usual as with most Diesels)
5,000rpm (some diesels I have seen are capable of 5000 before redline)

Yep mine does easily....sounds awesome with the exhaust that i've got on mine too.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Ummm, which one?

4,500 normal, then 4,500 to 5000 in the redline

or does redline start at 5000rpm?

oops :lol: I can normally get it over 4,500 before it redlines. But to be fair I don't even need to redline my car to get decent performance out of it. Just reving it up to 3,000 gets you over the speed limit in no time!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members