injectors

gus

Jun 27, 2006
hi im just wondering would there be any performance deifference if i was or anyone else to get the cuprs tdi injectors fitted to me 130tdi, it has been remmaped so would they increase the bhp????

has anyone done his????

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
I think you would run the risk of over fueling.

I'd upgrade the turbo first.... so that it can handle the extra power from injectors when you do them.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
ok thanks for that info, and also is it really worth spending a few hundered on a performance exhaust to get it a bit quiker???? as its a tdi????

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
A turbo back miltek exhaust makes a really difference - the turbo spools quicker as it can get the gases out faster.

Also you don't need the cat for the MOT being a TDi.

the smoke limit for my 130 Tdi is 1.5 with a standard exhaust it produced 0.8 with the miltek it got 0.2

Do you know what map is on there? I would go for the exhaust and the PD160 intake and green cotton filter. make her breath better.

Then if you want to get even more out of her a FMIC - just don't forget to upgrade the stopping power too.

at that point get her mapped again and wait while you save the £3k for the hybrid turbo and injectors......

:whistle:

gus

Jun 27, 2006
thanks i have the pd160 on there and tt front brakes, sl thats all good, i got it mapped from performance torque and very happy with it, "A turbo back miltek exhaust makes a really difference" but wouldnt this make the car sound a lot noiser with out the cat??? and release more black smoke???

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Yep you get a little bit more smoke.... not a great deal more.

Little bit more noise but to be honest i don't notice it when inside the car... have been told it is reasonably loud when overtaking at full chat...

But day to day driving i wouldn't say it was intrusive or antisocial. Just sounds like a diesel.....

I would also say the performance increase and drivability increase from it far out weighs the extra smoke and little bit of noise.

It is just :) per mile

gus

Jun 27, 2006
ok cool i now have my answer many thanks, ANOTHER thing. does anyone know the mm differnece in the cupra tdi springs and the tdi sport 130tdi springs????? if any?

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Haven't a clue on the springs mate - not something I have changed (yet)

why go for all the OEM stuff mate?

ballenapene

MTIbiza doesnt have a clue on Injectors either as far as I can see and know as the PD130/PD150/PD160 all share the injectors, so there isnt a 'upgrade' available for the PD130 via the PD160 injectors as they are the same thing.

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
I never said I knew everything there is to know about the Ibiza. I just know if you change for bigger injectors with the standard turbo it will over fuel and risk blowing the turbo

If you are looking to find bigger injectors from another car then surely good advice on changing the turbo first is more relevant compared to knowing if the injectors are actually different?

Ballenapene there are ways of says things and all you needed to really say was the injectors are the same.

ballenapene

I never said I knew everything there is to know about the Ibiza. I just know if you change for bigger injectors with the standard turbo it will over fuel and risk blowing the turbo

If you are looking to find bigger injectors from another car then surely good advice on changing the turbo first is more relevant compared to knowing if the injectors are actually different?

Ballenapene there are ways of says things and all you needed to really say was the injectors are the same.

ok.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
i just need a back box for now i can get a oem back cupra box for 95 plus vat so i think thats good, a stainless one will set me back £170, and i really dont want it to sound any louder than what it is,

i will be getting lowering springs eventually but dont know how low to go as i just want it stiing above my tryes ;-)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Just cut off your backbox and replace it with a straight bit of pipe and a shiney new tip. Have a search on here for Mufflerectomy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise