Inspection service light on dash!

Razer

Dec 24, 2016
Hello All,

I recently changed the oil in my Seat Leon MK3 FR and knocked the oil light off. Now the dashboard computer is saying that the inspection service is required in 5000 miles or 20 days. How do I go about resetting this light as it is quite annoying to look at.

Car: Seat Leon FR 150TDI CR Engine 2.0 Diesel,

Many thanks.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Hello All,

I recently changed the oil in my Seat Leon MK3 FR and knocked the oil light off. Now the dashboard computer is saying that the inspection service is required in 5000 miles or 20 days. How do I go about resetting this light as it is quite annoying to look at.

Many thanks.

Isn't that for the main service ?
Comes up after the oil change service, depending on what servicing schedule is set by the dealer

Anyway I think you'll need vcds or one of those type of things to reset it, can't be reset like the oil change warning :)

Last edited:

Porker3

May 17, 2015
Hello All,

Many thanks.

Same issue here, dw911 is correct, spoke to my local dealer who confirmed it needs a VCD reset. Mine was yet again wrongly reset by the dealer when I went in for a warrenty issue and they decided to reset the service schedule meaning it came on 6 months early! Only the standard service light can be extinguished by using the trip.

Last edited:

Porker3

May 17, 2015
I've done the inspection reset following the procedure described on page 66 (service reset) of handbook, but with hazards on.

The problem is this method doesn't work on all MK3. Mine is a MY14.
Marlop, do you have the hazards on from start to finish? Mines a MY14 so may be worth a try.

marlop

1. First of all, turn the ignition key to ON, then to OFF (this step is very important, even having the ignition off from the start).
2. Now turn the hazards ON and let them on until the end of the process.
(...)

It's also important to finish the procedure to keep the trip button pressed for 20 seconds. Otherwise, the message won't disappear from the screen.

Last edited:

Razer

Dec 24, 2016
Thank you all for your quick and helpful responses, unfortunate nothing suggested seems to work so far. I will have to take it to seat to reset the service indicator unless anyone else has any information. Many thanks again.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Why not get one of the diagnosis tools mentioned / discussed on the various threads on here, probably cheaper than paying seat to reset it, plus there is a second hand market for these things when you come to sell the car, so Yourll get back probably at least half what it cost to buy.
Handy to have anyway, especially if you do your own servicing, and it sounds like you do

Last edited:

marlop

With Vag-Com or OBD-Eleven it's very easy:

1. 17 - Instruments
2. 10 - Adaptations
3. Select and modify the following parameters:

a. FIX: Distance covered since last mileage-depended inspection: set to "0*"

b. FIX: Time since last time-depended inspection: set to "0*"

* The number introduced will depend on the kms / time since last service. Introducing "0" will reset the values to 30.000 kms / 730 days.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.