intercooler pics

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
the yellow pipes look like they are touching the bumper, these WILL rub through, looks far to tight. But well done have having a go yourself, should work ok. Not keen on yellow pipes either, but lets be honest if everyones taste was the same we wouldn't have opinions.

Jordan22

Here some pics of my intercooler. Wanted standard look behind grill. Got it just the way i wanted even though people on here said it couldn't be done without cutting your bumper, removing mesh and moving radiator back. I done none of that. Heres the pics.

intercooler002.jpg

intercooler003.jpg

intercooleron001.jpg

Jordan22

Cheers mate. Just took my time and just thought about it a bit. Looked at the way the forge one was done and just mounted it the same as that. Thought it might have worked by looking at the room at the back and it did. Didn't want to butcher ma bumper. :D

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
agree with benny top effort there. I originally tried this intercooler but got p1ssed off with the install and forked out for the forge set up which i love always looks class when looking at the car front on.

Jordan22

I like the forge one it looks so much nicer and neater also. The price was just too much
for me though so thats why i went for the uni one. I know where your coming from gettin
pissed off with trying to fit it. I done mine over a couple of days so wasn't in a rush.
I think this is the best way to fit this kit, don't rush it and take your time. If you get pissed of walk
away then come back to it. I looked at peoples pics of the convertion before i attempted it, and just went for it.
Glad i did now, the power is much better now and it revs much longer now so don't have to change gear so quickly. Excellent mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
yeah the fmic is a great mod and a must for any future mods. they love the cool intake temps you can feel the difference if after a good blast pop the bonnet and feel how cool the intake mani is.

May 25, 2008
cambs
where did you get those yellow ic bends from? i must be looking in the wrong places ! as i had to settle with blue ones

Jordan22

Pretty hard to get it dead central as the bumper will not go back on as the pipe gets in the way. Didn't want to force it and break anything. Thing is know one is going to get down on there knees and say way a minute thats not central Ha Ha. :D

Nickrobz

BURRRRR!!!
Mar 8, 2008
Brumz
Here some pics of my intercooler. Wanted standard look behind grill. Got it just the way i wanted even though people on here said it couldn't be done without cutting your bumper, removing mesh and moving radiator back. I done none of that. Heres the pics.

intercooler002.jpg

intercooler003.jpg

intercooleron001.jpg

Me Likes alot thats how i want mine. was it a pain in the arse to do mate?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise