intercooler pics

Jordan22

Would say it was out by 1cm or a small touch more but still looks fine. You dont really notice it unless your looking straight on at it and looking for it.

Nickrobz, to be honest with you, no, it wasn't a pain in the arse to fit.
I thought it would have been alot more tricky to do than it was but just get some brackets
and fit it the way i did and you'll be fine. Take your time with it and get it the way
you want it. The way i did it you can adjust the height up and down as well to get it right in the middle. You adjust it then put the bumper back on see what looks like then adjust it again if neccessary. It was pretty straight forward. Give it a bash. Havent really gave it a blast yet tho as the roads have been to wet and greasy so no traction but does feel like theres much more pull.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Our cars really do struggle to put the power down in the wet dont they. Fisrt gear is pointless if u got for a quick start and 2nd gear and sometimes even 3rd until the power gets down

Jordan22

Agree with you there mate. 2nd gear is pants. You dont feel any pull till 3rd.

Jordan22

Yeah fed up with the rain. Always loved the S3's. Wanted one of them before my Polo Gti. My mate has one and they are quick but i still feel the cupra is faster. I wish the cupra had six gears also though like S3 i feel on the motorway it needs a sixth.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Sorry for the thread-jack. Is your mates S3 the 21- or 225? Suppose the S3 is alot heavier than our cupras....but the s3's do have a mint interior! Agree about the 6th gear on the motorway... did a long motorway drive to blueflame 2weeks ago and really feel like i neede it.

Jordan22

He says its a 225 but i doubt it.I think its more like a 210. Says quattro on the grill and its a V reg. Think the S3s have S3 on the grill. Yeah love the recaro leather interior.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Jordan22

did you have to move the rad for this??????????????????????????????????????

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Here some pics of my intercooler. Wanted standard look behind grill. Got it just the way i wanted even though people on here said it couldn't be done without cutting your bumper, removing mesh and moving radiator back. I done none of that. Heres the pics.

intercooler002.jpg

intercooler003.jpg

intercooleron001.jpg

Nope.lol

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
That's not the normal Uni is it? Looks massive!! Oh btw tash I want a good pic of yours with the carbon bonnet!

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
What intercooler is that? Looks amazing! Imo the pro alloy one looks the best, then forge, then uni then laguna.... but that one takes first place! Uber nice!

jattjoka01

Dec 13, 2008
London
i got laguna one and all da pipe work did u fit urself riko? how lng did it take and how much? anything else need modifying apart from the mesh?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.