Intercooler.

W88DSY

Hi,
I am currently running a 20vt cupra with K&N, forge DV, Milltek exhaust with an Ultramap remap. was thinking of adding a forge intercooler but don't know much about how much it improves performance and if in order to fit one i would need to make any other modifications. Any ideas??:shrug:

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i dont believe you need any other mods to fit an fmic (which i assume is the type of inercooler you are talking about). i dont imagine you will see massive performance gains however, given you're current setup i would have thought you wouldnt be far off a stage 2 remap ;)

W88DSY

if i go down that route am i right in assuming that involves changing thr FPR, cat and thats it?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
i believe so, do a search. i was reading a very long post only an hour or two ago by someone who had gone revo stage 2 and went into ALOT of detail about it!

i believe the fpr is only about 40 quid!

W88DSY

Push, do you think that thats why i might be experiencing a slight flat spot between 3500-4000rpm, because i need to change the FPR.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
sorry i cant remember, i know the post was from about 18 months ago.

i'd love to go all out with fmic, race cat, etc. but i just dont have the money at the moment (got a loan to buy the lcr) and the missus and myself are thinking of moving to new zealand in a year or so. :(

HarveyGTI

fitting a Forge FMIC is worth every penny

its not about having massive BHP increases, but what the Forge FMIC does is greatly reduce the intake temperatures, therefore allowing for boost to be held alot longer and the peak figures to be alot higher. Basically heat soak is greatly minimised to the turbo, allowing power to be held almost to the redline, as with the standard IC, it simply cant cope with the power and creates too much heat

since you already have quite a few mods, a Forge FMIC would compliment them nicely

my recommendation - go any get one! :D

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
it depends what you need. by the sounds of it you need downpipe and cat (£400?) and fpr (£40?) + the remap (£no idea but i know revo stage 2 is usually much cheaper than stage 1)

push110

it depends what you need. by the sounds of it you need downpipe and cat (£400?) and fpr (£40?) + the remap (£no idea but i know revo stage 2 is usually much cheaper than stage 1)

I could be wrong but i'm sure there's not to many downpipes available that fit on to the miltek, it won't be cheap anyway.

Think revo stage 2 is an extra £50 or so

W88DSY

Hmm cheers for that.
Harvey did you fit one youself?? if so is it easy?

HarveyGTI

harvey did you remove the smic's? i assume you have to?

sorry, are you talking about an LCR?

mine is just an LC, so only one smic to remove

the LCR smic's are both removed for one single FMIC, but still the same theory and work applies for fitment

HarveyGTI

Nice one, cheers for that!
How much are they charging you?

erm well i was part of the Forge GB, so I think its £125, which is very reasonable

most importantly, its peace of mind as I know it will get fitted properly as the CS from Forge is A1

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.