Interior idea

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Cupra034-vicopy.jpg

I apologise as I have nicked this pic!:rolleyes:

After the valeters have ruined my passenger seat I went to a trimmers to get it sorted, he has suggested the above. Having the centre pieces on all four seats trimmed in the same leather as the rest of the seats

What do people think? My seats are red btw

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
blackturbo said:
Cupra034-vicopy.jpg

I apologise as I have nicked this pic!:rolleyes:

After the valeters have ruined my passenger seat I went to a trimmers to get it sorted, he has suggested the above. Having the centre pieces on all four seats trimmed in the same leather as the rest of the seats

What do people think? My seats are red btw

Yeah thats a good idea but it depends if you want to keep to some extent the 'value' by having the original things (that were limited remember) or the cars individuality which i think the Red Inserts give it?

Did you mean just doing the seat bit leather or the back in leather too?

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Spoke to the main dealer who quoted my £1500 to convert half leather to full leather.

I really want to keep as much red as possilbe hence y im not going the whole hog, also I think the company will prefer to pay £400 over £1500 lol

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
andyj said:
I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy them from a main dealer.....

I know of a couple of RHD Mk3 Ibiza's that were imported from Europe and had full leather interior ;)

Yeah they did didnt they?

IIRC i think there is someone on this site with one of those, it has rain sensors, climate control, sunroof and a few other things?

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
The seats fibres have been pulled so it definately cant be saved, that the opinion of four trimmers so i think its unanimous lol

I think red leather would look tacky pal, looked on Ebay but A im not paying and I doubt a company will buy me anything off ebay and B most are in worse condition and/or grey

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
blackturbo said:
The seats fibres have been pulled so it definately cant be saved, that the opinion of four trimmers so i think its unanimous lol

I think red leather would look tacky pal, looked on Ebay but A im not paying and I doubt a company will buy me anything off ebay and B most are in worse condition and/or grey

How did they do that to the seat fibres? :-o

I think you should get a new seat section? Surely that would be cheaper than getting it done in leather or something?

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
They used some kind of plastic nossle on a vax jobbie and pushed to hard pulling the fibre, i tried Seat but the part is obsolete!

I really want to try and keep the red cupra stitching hence trying to get rid of as little as poss, not sure about red leather, just think all black would be nicer if I was gona go that route.

As I say im not paying!!

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
The only problem I could see with doing that part of the seat is that you'd slide around on the seat with it being leather when you go round corners as that's the part that you're sitting on.
If you could get the part nearest the back of your knees done then that'd be better from a grip point of view and you'd then have enough fabric to do the middle bit I'd guess

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members