interior removal guides and spraying interior parts

hamps_w

MK3 Leon FR 184
Apr 24, 2006
Bristol
As the tiltle suggests really:

Any interior panel removal guides around that will help me to remove parts of my interior. Its been a long time since i have attempted taking interiors apart (my old subwoofer days). Wanted to make sure it all comes off and goes back on in one peice without breaking silly plastic clips etc.

Also, just out of interest....wouldnt mind your opinion on spraying interior parts. I have a Red LCR and am thinking red/silver or piano black. Want to do it tastfully without it looking like it has been driven through halfords!

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
Folia tec piano black will look nice, plenty of vauxhallls have it as standard without it looking tacky. Just make sure you really take the time to prime and prepair perfectly. The outer part of the door handle will just prise off with a flat screw driver. I'm just painting the outer bit as if someone with rings on gets in they'll most likely ruin the finish on the inside. Centre console is held by two screws under neath in the ashtray i think, there may be a few more that i'm not aware of. I wouldnt advise painting the pillars as the results can be REALLY bad after a few months as per a picture i saw on here recently, but in the par numbers thread there is all the numbers for the LCR's black pillars. Mirror should just pop off and the gearnob gaiter surround is held by two clips that you must feel around through the gaiter to access, but when you feel them, you'll know your on the money. put some pics up when done. Also you can get a leather handbrake for £15 from deallers

hamps_w

MK3 Leon FR 184
Apr 24, 2006
Bristol
cheers Ollie,

Dont worry, prep work is the key i know. I have stripped and repainted an entire CRX delsol before, there was alot of plastic on that to scotch back. May go for piano black then.....and maybe just chuck a little bit of red in in some places.

Im in two minds as to wether or not to paint the actual tray that the gear gaitor sits in...mine has discoloured a little. trouble it that phone and wallet often get thrown in there and i dont think paint will last 5 minutes.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
cheers Ollie,

Dont worry, prep work is the key i know. I have stripped and repainted an entire CRX delsol before, there was alot of plastic on that to scotch back. May go for piano black then.....and maybe just chuck a little bit of red in in some places.

Im in two minds as to wether or not to paint the actual tray that the gear gaitor sits in...mine has discoloured a little. trouble it that phone and wallet often get thrown in there and i dont think paint will last 5 minutes.

vinyl? i think halfords still sell the films that you heat gun on

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.