B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
A massive ball ache.
The 2 screws along the bottom edge of the door card can be removed with the door shut. Either take the seat out to make space or try and find a screwdriver that is short enough to get to the screws, leaving the seat in (both ways are possible although a right pita!). Work the seat forward, backward, up n down to suit.
Undo the screws etc behind the door handle.
Go have a cuppa tea or coffee. Lots of refreshing drinks available.
Now the **** bit.
You have to brace yourself. Grab the inner door handle and lift and pull with a fair amount of force. The door card will come out witha bit of force/luck.
May end up with some collateral damage. Mine broke a couple of the small popper clips on the back of the card.
Re-connect the catch plug and open the door.

Theres a little round popper on the loom to the door catch that clips to the metal panel (the one the regulator rivets to) and it holds the wiring clear of the drop glass when its lowered.

Hope this helps.

Rich

P.S Leave the 2 screws from the bottom of the door card in the ashtray and remove them from the other front door also.
You'll thank me later lol
Hi there Rich,
Sorry not to reply sooner, been pretty bogged down with flu.

Really appreciate your explanation but in the end it was not necessary.

I think the issue was maybe some anti theft system kicking in.

After I returned to the car and pressed my fob button, I checked all doors and they opened just fine.. bit of a head scratcher but there you go.

I've since swapped the driver's door card and all is well there too.
Once the weather brightens up or if rather, then I'll do the two rears as well.

Thanks again Matt

Reactions: Rich.T
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.