MatG

Jul 31, 2007
www.astraownersclub.com
Just after some info on this.

What is?
what does it look like?
where is it on the car?
How does it interface with the car?
Does it have to be an ipod or could it be any MP3 player?
Will my November 07 FR have it as standard?

sorry for the stupid questions but its talked about a lot and I have not read a thing about it in any of the brochures and I dont have the car yet :)

thanks!

dabcabc

It's an optional extra and consists of a dock connector that lives in the drinks holder inbetween the seats.

I don't have it, but I have gotten a Griffin TuneFlex which plugs into the 12v socket and comes with a headphone port which can be connected to the aux in socket. I prefer it as I have the proper ipod interface at my fingertips when needed and the ipod just slots in the top.

Looks like this (crap photo but it's dark and on my phone)

griffin.jpg

s3quence

Aug 16, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Just after some info on this.

What is?
what does it look like?
where is it on the car?
How does it interface with the car?
Does it have to be an ipod or could it be any MP3 player?
Will my November 07 FR have it as standard?

sorry for the stupid questions but its talked about a lot and I have not read a thing about it in any of the brochures and I dont have the car yet :)

thanks!

I have the ipod connector in my Cupra, It is a dock located underneath the drivers seat, it charges your IPod while playing your m usic through the stero when on aux setting. You can only play the first 6 play lists and there are no names of the songs (which is crap) you just get Track 01...02 etc.

It has to be an ipod as it is using the wide IPOD connector the same as you use to connect it to your PC.

you wont have it as standard but i got the stealer to throw in for free

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
On an 07 FR you will get an AUX socket as standard (near the handbrake I think) if it doesn't come with the iPod or USB connection.

You should be able to connect an iPod or any MP3 player via the AUX socket but the steering wheel controls can't be used to control it.

It is a factory fit option, but there are different kits that can be fitted afterwards by the dealer.