Is DCC comfort ?

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Hi FR owners, Anybody with FR (ST more interested )and DCC ? I am curious how sporty is the sport and if the comfort make it really comfort for casual family trip? Just awaiting mine but still nervous if it will be too bad due to lower sporty suspension.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It depends more on the wheel size, in my experience the suspension setting helps very little for comfort if you've got 19 inch wheels and only a tiny strip of rubber between you and the road surface.

Reactions: istoyanov

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Its 18 inch setup. At end - I can't change anything for a car waited 16 months already. I read a lot different opinions but most were a man said .. So wanted to see real life opinion but seems I will need to make my own :)

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
It is noticeable, the car is still a bit harsh in bad road (confort) but the handling improves in freeway or mountain roads with good pavement, (sport mode), the car feels more precise in corners, with controlled bodyroll, when you're driving in the grip limits.
Notice that it has 14 positions in damper response in the first the damper goes all the way down making the car softer as possible, on the last its very stiff it makes it unconfortable, perfect for a track day as there is no bodyroll.

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Some say 15/16" is great comfort but the bodyroll don't make me feel comfort. I don't my car jump over the road. The comfort - how car goes through bad roads is a different story I have to say and it could also bad on 15". Hopefully soon I will have my impressions.

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
I’ve found DCC very useful and worthwhile the investment. We have bad roads here and I am usually driving with the individual driving mode settings (Engine ECO, steering Sport, suspension almost full comfort, ACC normal, aircon normal). Then with just one push from the gear lever I’ll get the S-mode, everything stiffens, engine is more responsive etc. Good for overtaking. I can fully recommend DCC.

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Wrongly written specification followed to not good user experience when I got my Leon ST FR realising the salesperson plaid his card and the car in fact miss DCC!!!
It was written that it comes with Seat Drive profile with Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual .... adjusting suspension. Which is not exactly DCC as per their explanation. But the comfort is also missing! So my statement is they are representing misleading information to their customers because Comfort as far as I read is available only when the car is fitted with DCC...

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
I have the DCC option and 18" wheels.

Sport is pretty...sporty. suspension is stiff and the gas is very responsive compared to normal or comfort. Eco is the worst when it comes to response

Comfort is hit or miss for me. For some reason, it's not always the same. Sometimes it's soft, sometimes it's normal. Any of you encountered this issue?

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
I think that when you switch of the car all settings return to normal, allthough the shown profile is the last selected.
its a known issue in ateca.
I always return to normal profile and then select the one i want, usually sport for highway with d gearbox and confort or normal depending the road condition.
I found that eco is not very eco in city as it detects cars in front and keeps the engine on for engine braking.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
I think that when you switch of the car all settings return to normal, allthough the shown profile is the last selected.
its a known issue in ateca.
I always return to normal profile and then select the one i want, usually sport for highway with d gearbox and confort or normal depending the road condition.
I found that eco is not very eco in city as it detects cars in front and keeps the engine on for engine braking.
So basically it's "have you tried turning it off and on again?". I'll try it next time. Due to our shitty roads, I'm always driving on comfort in city. Eco works fine for me on very long trips.

And speaking of braking, that's another thing I don't like about Sport setting. It's always doing the aggressive regen braking, completely ignoring the software setting. I don't know if it's intended or a known issue but it's annoying.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
Do you need to press the brake to make it regen or is the accelerator position initiating regen.
Some EVs have a one pedal mode where the accelerator is 20% braking and 80% accelerating. Might take some getting used to.

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Do you need to press the brake to make it regen or is the accelerator position initiating regen.
Some EVs have a one pedal mode where the accelerator is 20% braking and 80% accelerating. Might take some getting used to.
It's the accelerator position. However, this is for sport mode only. Why would they make the one pedal drive mode only on sport?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.