Is it worth it?

xChokis

Sep 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
So i bought my car on the 31st of August 2018 ,the happiest day of my life as far as i can recall and it's been a blast ever since , i always had a thing for cars but over the past 2 years my passion grew stronger so i decided not only did i buy this car which i liked a lot and had my eye on for a while i wanted to make this the best thing i could , so after lots and lots of upgrades money throw and elbow grease before my build is completely finished i'm wondering should i spend the money or not , i keep hearing about these cupras-bocs breaking down everyday and i'm just wondering should i spend anymore money at this point, i bought the car at £5.1k , 50k miles and i'd say i spend around another £2k and i'm a thousand away from completely finishing this build, so what do yo guys think should i just abandon the ship now that i can or just drag it down with a chance of it becoming a complete money pit?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Same. I've invested loads in my car. It's sitting at 47.5k at the moment and I'm reading about all kinds of faults at 50k+. Oil pickup clogging, injectors failing, dogbone snapping, turbo blowing. But I'm too invested in it now. So I'm just trying to get as much preventative maintenance as possible in now: injectors cleaned and tested. Sump dropped and pickup pipe replaced. You could go out and buy something else and it could still turn out to be a money pit.

xChokis

Sep 26, 2018
Same. I've invested loads in my car. It's sitting at 47.5k at the moment and I'm reading about all kinds of faults at 50k+. Oil pickup clogging, injectors failing, dogbone snapping, turbo blowing. But I'm too invested in it now. So I'm just trying to get as much preventative maintenance as possible in now: injectors cleaned and tested. Sump dropped and pickup pipe replaced. You could go out and buy something else and it could still turn out to be a money pit.
i know but it just seems more dangerous as days go by you know , like a bomb ticking ever since i got on the boca group on facebook it's just terrifying i see cars blowing out everyday i know that everything these days can turn into a money pit but this engine we all know it's an extra bit sensitive so i'm just trying to figure out is the majority having major issues? because i don't mind minor issues i feel like they are meant to happen i'm also pretty invested and i have the time so i don't mind preventative maintenances , any suggestions?

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
I would be happy with what you have done and keep an eye out for fault codes and don't wrag it very often - your lucky to afford £2.5k in mods