is the clutch on a 2004 lcr hydraulic ?

supercuprar

James whitburn
Mar 11, 2007
is the clutch on a 2004 lcr a hydrolic one ?
mine seems to have gone , pedal has gone all light and with engine running and pedal fully depressed you cant select any gears ....

Last edited by a moderator:

supercuprar

James whitburn
Mar 11, 2007
s the clutch on a 2004 lcr hydraullic ?

eventually found something on the search feature that helps . i think smething has gone wrong with my hydraulics somewhere . maybe slave or master who knows . its going to seat today to get fixed . hope its under warranty

Last edited by a moderator:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
But unless you broke into the hydraulic system, run low on Hydraulic oil or it has always been there all the time how could this happen?

supercuprar

James whitburn
Mar 11, 2007
Well what seemed to be a not so bad problem has turned into a nightmare!
the slave has gone so car is not working at all now, i managed to hobble back to garage in 3rd gear ! not fun on the M4 i might add !
Now SMC seat ( Windsor )are telling me that my warranty has expired ??? so let me get this right, you buy a car in march it goes wrong in November and the car is sold with a 12 month warranty how does that work ?
Im now left ringing all sorts of people to try and sort this mess out !
Ive had problems with SMC group before when i brought a MG from them in uxbridge . quite clearly its not a branch itself that rubbish its the whole SMC group !!!!
Needless to say my next car will not be purchased from the SMC group !

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
Are you sure its the slave cylinder? It could as easily be the master cylinder.

The slave cylinder is inside the gearbox bell housing and has the release bearing as an integral part, obviously means gearbox off to change so it would be false economy not to change the clutch at the same time.

The master cylinder however is mounted on the bulkhead directly in line with the top of the clutch pedal so would cost a lot less to change.

I have a brand new master cylinder for my Audi S3 (should you need one) which I would think would be the same. Bought in error.

supercuprar

James whitburn
Mar 11, 2007
Thanks for the offer my friend , but its a warranty job and they are going to do it as a warranty job thats the reason i paid through the nose and went to a dealer to buy the car in the 1st place , because of the 12 month warranty , what i think has happend is the car had 4 months left on the original warranty when i brought it and then it went to 8 months on a used car warranty somewhere along the lines some twit has forgotten to do something paperwork related !

supercuprar

James whitburn
Mar 11, 2007
yea im just waiting on a phone call to say the started it . blithering idiots that they are !
customer satisfaction 0 points !

davig16

did you ever get this sorted, have the same problem now but tey cannot seem to keep air out of the system. They have changed master and bled the system but the clutch still keeps going soft

steelyglint

i had to have my slave cylinder replaced, easy to diagnose with a cheap bleed kit.-
you bleed the clutch, to make sure its not "an airlock", you pump the the pedal a few times .... it goes back to being light. Is it the master cylinder or slave? Well if its the master , you should be able to keep pumping it and the fluid level wont change or you will spot the loss of fluid leaking down the bulkhead.... pray this is the case.... If you are losing fluid , i.e. the level is dropping in the reservoir but you cant find out where its going... then get your credit card out , find someone who can fix seats at cheaper labour rates than seat dealers and ask him to put a new slave cylinder in for you ... do the rest of the clutch at the same time. p.s. not one for the home mechanic unless you have lots of gear (trolley jacks , engine hoists etc)., patience ,ability and enjoy a real challenge / or if insanity runs in your family.

davig16

cheers, called to the garage yesterday and they said they were going to change the slave, so waiting on parts to come in, 400 euro (im in ireland) about 280quid inclding labour they quoted. The main dealer is only 35quid per hour so its not too bad. Didnt realise it was such a big problem on them till ive seen how many people have had the same issue.

davig16

meant to say thats for the slave and associated parts only, do you have to change the pressure plate with the clutch?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.