Is the Forge Split-R all bad????

greg.w

Feb 18, 2009
hi everyone

well looking at dump valves and the main choices ive found if the forge 007 and split-r

the split-t looks best to me
id like more sound and its good its adjustable so if i do want full recirculating i can blank one of the ports off so itll litrally just be a 007

so can you guys tell me if there all that bad.loads of people made comments about them and not to go for them

will it put my dash light on etc?

whats wrong with it really?

ive already searched and found a few things too but want more info as theres far too much to look through

thanks alot:D

cuprachrissy

this is going to bring up a bit more banter on here lol, im going to say that both are good and its up to you what you want, if you want a whooshy sound buy the split-r, if not buy the 007p. but if you have a open cone filter with 007p it makes a nice wooshy noise. open cone + split-r is even more wooshy!
your best bet is to post this thread in the forge section, they are the best people to help you.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
i cant wait for this one...this thread has been done loads of time mate search harder all im saying is... turbosmart....:whistle:

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
er, i dont think turbosmart was an option me old needle infested beach mucker!!

edit: i have a 007p, would be interested to hear that with the relocation too!

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
er, i dont think turbosmart was an option me old needle infested beach mucker!! edit: i have a 007p, would be interested to hear that with the relocation too!
ha yea i no i was just stoking the fire like..lol.. Il have a look at the 007p thing my thought would be that it wouldnt be any louder tho...may try it tomorow...

cuprachrissy

ha yea i no i was just stoking the fire like..lol.. Il have a look at the 007p thing my thought would be that it wouldnt be any louder tho...may try it tomorow...

yer get onto it mate sharpish ! :lol:

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
lol! to be fair sometimes trying to search for things on this site is like looking for a NEEDLE in a haystack

Mat

I've spoken to the guy who designed it, and even he has said that it serves no performance gains what-so-ever!

It's not a "bad" thing (even though it may throw a code up), but it's like marmite! Love it or hate it!

General feeling on this forum is that the only reason to have one is to sound like a scooby or let everyone know you have a turbo!

greg.w

Feb 18, 2009
You'll find plenty of hardly used split-r's on ebay and for good reason ... ! If you want an adjustable dual-port dump valve for noise then the Turbosmart Kompact dual-port is the one to get.

anyone got any links to the turbosmart at a good price

and yes i do want it for the noise lol.1st turbo and all lol

so whats noiser?ts or forge?

and also since you can pretty much turn the split-r into a 007 with the blank why not get it instead incase you want a change?

see if it does bring a light on,well if you put the blank on and make it a fully recirc valve will the light go out by itself or will you have to get it cleared?

thanks