Is there any way for me to get Apple CarPlay in my 2015 Leon Cupra?

Aug 10, 2021
Warrington
Wondering if there is any possible way to get Apple CarPlay on mu 2015 Leon Cupra? I’ve seen a few things online for Audi systems but not much for SEAT. If anyone know of any options that will allow me to get CarPlay in my car it would be much appreciated!

thanks

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Hi, which 2015 model do you have, is it a MY16? Think you can tell, if you have the larger 6. 5 inch screen, it was an accessory, think it was around £175

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bens155
Aug 10, 2021
Warrington
9ABAC245-EF30-4579-861F-B550996260DB.jpeg

This is the unit it has in it. Looks to me like the 6.5 inch screen. Registration date was late April 2015 & it’s a CJXA Engine Code, not sure if that helps determine which one it is?

Reactions: Leonfr140

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Id be interested in this as well if its possible as i have the same model number, everything points to no that ive researched so far.

edit: scratch that mines a 6inch screen so is definitely not possible without changing the whole unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bens155
Aug 10, 2021
Warrington
Aug 10, 2021
Warrington
I had it enabled on my Wife's 16 plate Leon at the dealers. Think it was about £198 and they had to change the USB port by the gearstick.
Yep SEAT seems to be the best option. I have spoken to a few independent car coding companies and they have quoted me similar to what SEAT have. I’m going to go direct through SEAT just to ensure it all gets done properly.

Nov 14, 2021
Salford
Yep SEAT seems to be the best option. I have spoken to a few independent car coding companies and they have quoted me similar to what SEAT have. I’m going to go direct through SEAT just to ensure it all gets done properly.
Did you manage to get this on? Interested in doing the same on ours

Aug 17, 2021
My 15 plate had the old old unit which doesn’t support CarPlay at all. I had to upgrade to a newer unit, went for the 8” one but the 6.5” works too. Had one retrofitted by a third party for £750 as Seat wanted £2500 or something silly. If you can’t tell which you have a Seat dealer can advise you.

ETA your photo looks like the oldest unit with 5.8” which doesn’t support CarPlay at all. Initially my local seat garage said they could do it but then they phoned me back an hour later saying they couldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andye1

Oct 15, 2005
That looks like a 6.5 inch screen. If you have a USB in the cubby hole in front of the gear stick then you can get full link activated.

We can activate this for you

We're a forum sponsor and a VWAG independent workshop 😊

To use apple devices, you'll need a new USB port (also available on our website)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise