ive got a ihi conv i want 400bhp what do i need

weeman73

ive got a seat ibiza runnin 320bhp wit normal ihi bits im runnin a vf22 wit vf34 exhaust housing. what do i need to run 400bhp ;) i know u need pistons and bigger turbo but what are the options that i have.

weeman73

ive got intercooler exhaust filter the normal mods my car is p77 bru if you know of it its a white ibiza i know the bloke spend alot of money but not quite sure what done thou, i want more power and dont know too much about goin from what i have now to 400bhp i know you need a bigger turbo is the first thing

Last edited by a moderator:

weeman73

sorry im new to this site :doh: ive heard that you need pistons, big gt28 also rods but im trying to find out so more information about upgrading

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
You really need to find out what has been done to the car 1st i.e spec clutch etc to see what you need for 400bhp.

could go for a gt30 have a gander in bills section for BT conversions.

weeman73

im running at the moment a ihi vf22 wit vf34 housing with jabba sport manifold 440cc injectors uprated fuel pump jabba sport down pipe miltx exhuast stsyem g60 flywheel and uprated g60 clutch ive had it on the rollers at jabba sport and made 311bhp b4 i changed the housing and told would add another 10bhp and has made a differnce because it holds the boost 21psi now :D

i just need to know what i need next to up grade the power, i know i need big turbo and pistons and maybe rods as i said im new to this site and dont really know too much about the engines and have been told this is the place to find out if you guys can help me out

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
may be wrong but to run a bigger turbo your going to need 550cc injectors and a 3inch downpipe which milltek don't do.

and a spec clutch as i thing the vr6 clutch wouldnt last long on the BT.

Better speaking to Bill (badger5) or Alex from (Backdraft) and try the big turbo disscussion part of this forum thats youir best bet.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
do you plan on sticking with your jabba setup and upscaling your ihi OR moving onto a totally new setup (which will more likely realise that power)

weeman73

well ive heard a few different routes i can go and i dont really know what is best for me, i dont mind gettin rid of the jabba convertion, i know u need pistons and heard u can use s3 pistons because they are already low com but then is it better to go for forge pistons and rods to be safe because i dont know what the standard rods can take and just abit confused now :confused: ive seen on here there is a gt2871r is that a gd uprated for me to do with pistons and rods or do i go for a gt30

many thanks for the replys guys ;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
rods are a must change for this power level
pistons would get that far, forged is insurance, as are s3 mahl motorsport pistons
gt2871 wont get to 400bhp, mid to high 300's

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
GT2871 (86 hotside) will get 400 and more. We have done many with 400+bhp. When you go to that level on an Ibiza, its the other components that start failing. The gearbox isnt up to it and you will need cryo treated gears as a minimum, the driveshafts are on their limit too.

Minimum is rods, but I would advise pistons too. I have heard of standard pistons go to 650bhp in the US, but I wouldnt go that far on them.

See my build thread in the link below for what ive done to get over 400bhp.

Alex

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
i think to be honest m8 if your goin to change to gt28 or any in the garret range you'll have to start all over again new manifold, new downpipe new turbo and as you was saying about getting rods/pistons it'll cost you alot of money and as you have 320 bhp at the mo is it worth the cost for hp? may be better off getting new rods and just getting a bigger ihi the owens turbo as it'll be more cost effective and go from there, thats my 2 pence but its your car and money.

weeman73

i did speak to jabba sport the other day and they said about a new ihi turbo they have which is a hybrid ihi turbo and its front half garret gt30 but a really worked exhuast housing which can just bolt straight on to the jabba manifold, i know i need rods and pistons for sure which are the best ones to go for and how low com can i go but i know depends what turbo i use and how much boost i want to use

weeman73

also do i have to do anything to the head or do i need a certain head with bigger values i heard the early heads have smaller values then the later heads or i am wrong :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise