Jabba "Website" Question (ok ok regarding remap)

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Right, I’ve got a Leon (1.8 20vT Sport) first registered on 23/11/00, I’m looking at getting the car remapped more than likely by Jabba (seem to offer me more of what I’m after out of my car than REVO *no disrespect*) any how so I went on to Jabba’s website and looked up price of remap, only to be told Leons made in the 2000 year range are gonna cost an extra £100 to map?

The question I’m asking is why? (ok so I could phone Jabba and ask, but I don’t wanna seem argumentative or even like I know what I’m talking about cause really I don’t, only thing is I’ve asked on here before what’s the difference between my 1.8 sport and a Cupra and been told it’s the turbo, but my car’s one of those rare ones with the AUQ engine so its got the K03s turbo or so I’ve been told, any one back me up here or just give me advice on what I should do? I really don’t want to be paying an extra £100 and also that fact I want piece of mind it’s the right map for the engine? Plz help

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I know it's an obvious reply... but I'd phone and ask. That price on the website might be based on the engine and turbo combo with that your age of Leon normally has. So if you have the AUQ engine you might find you can get away with paying the lower price.

Worth a phone call for sure :)

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
There are 2 options mate.

£375 'generic' map
£475 'custom' map

They are 2 totally different things. The generic remap taking about 20 mins, the custom remap taking 4hrs to do.

They dont list the generic map for your car probably because they dont have a saved code for it, meaning you have to get a custom made map. If you have other mods like exhaust/induction/FMIC, a custom map is advised anyway to get the best from the mods. Included in the £475 price is also rolling road time with before/after results so definitely worth the £££.

£475 isn't that much anyway tbh, there are quite a few maps more expensive than this:)

Last edited:

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
There are 2 options mate.

£375 'generic' map
£475 'custom' map

They are 2 totally different things. The generic remap taking about 20 mins, the custom remap taking 4hrs to do.

They dont list the generic map for your car probably because they dont have a saved code for it, meaning you have to get a custom made map. If you have other mods like exhaust/induction/FMIC, a custom map is advised anyway to get the best from the mods. Included in the £475 price is also rolling road time with before/after results so definitely worth the £££.

£475 isn't that much anyway tbh, there are quite a few maps more expensive than this:)

Oh yeah i agree with the value for money part, however as i said, if i dont need to spend an extra £100 then why should i? but what u said about 2 different maps makes sense, so i guess that answers my question, so cheers for that, now i have the problem of;

In the future (when my exhaust get knackerd) i intend to upgrade it to a peformance one (dunno which yet) only thing is i would now feel like im kinda wasting getting a custom map on my car before i get my exhaust, does any 1 know if companys do after tuning (fine tuning) maps after mods are fitted, i really didnt wanna be spending over £1000 in one go on my car, NOW WHAT DO I DO!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Thats why quite a few companies offer stage 1 and 2 remaps.

Stage 1 generally being a generic map and then stage 2 being custom to take into accounts other mods.

Jabba may be able to tweak for additional modifications at a later date, you'll need to ask them.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Things like an exhaust system don't have enough of an affect to warrant another map, IMO. The ECU, even when mapped, will be able to adapt to a certain extent when the exhaust is changed so even a generic one will be fine.

I still think that if you speak to Jabba you'll find that because of your engine code, you'll be fine with the generic map.

stew

if your in peterborough why dont you give them a visit as they are in crowland makes sense,really helpful they will sort you out.why ring when you live so close.

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
if your in peterborough why dont you give them a visit as they are in crowland makes sense,really helpful they will sort you out.why ring when you live so close.

To be honest the reason being is cause i didnt wanna go down their and look like a cheap-sake! (you know the kinda guy who goes into a shop and rather paying what is asked trying all he can to get as much as possible off it, the kind of person who would pick the soiled T-shirt of the rack and then try and get it cheaper) see im not like that and dont have much respect for people like that, and i feel thats how i'd come across, theirs a difference between knocking £100 off the price i should pay and getting the item i need for £100 less.. am i making any sense?? hmm prob not, well i cant really describe it much better than that, i just feel the guys at jabba would prob think im trying to get it £100 cheaper rather than the fact im just trying to do whats right for my car (lol never thought i'd say that, OMG put me in a nut house) * oh yeah & no do-gooders telling me whats best for my car is no map! thats just not an option lol* ok so now im sure ppl think of me as;

1) im a cheap-skate
2) i buy soiled clothers in shops
3) i talk to my car
4) i need locking up
5) im crap at grammer!

this is all going so wrong!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
nope... all very normal. we are all mad too.

i did hear that early 20vts could be tricky to map. not sure if this affects you and if auq i doubt it will.

get in touch with them mate... i asked loads of stupid questions and they are always happy to oblige.

top blokes

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
mate its as easy as this........not everyone is car literate,so give em a call,at the end of the day it's your money and the stupidest question is the one you didn't ask:shrug: does that make sense:confused: :blink: lol

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
mate its as easy as this........not everyone is car literate,so give em a call,at the end of the day it's your money and the stupidest question is the one you didn't ask:shrug: does that make sense:confused: :blink: lol

looks like its the only option now any way. (hope the guys from jabba aint been reain this thread other wise they gonna be expecting my call lol)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise