Jaces Leon FR has gone ,I've now got a LUPO GTI

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
FINALY I layed some wax down on her.

I've had her 2 weeks now & done almost 1500miles , I've washed her a few times, & topped it off with Polycharged Aqua Wax, but it was time for some wax...

DSC06905.jpg

DSC06915.jpg

DSC06910.jpg

DSC06901.jpg

DSC06919.jpg

I added the stainless sill cover & MK5 Gti pedals to the interior to help brighten it up, it's a bit "Black" inside, I've also added an arm rest to aid my "lean" when "Ridin Dirty"

DSC06917.jpg

I love it with the new grill...
DSC06912.jpg

[B)]

DSC06916.jpg

Things to come / do....

Fit some chrome indicator bulbs up front...
Get her dropped 40mm on some Eibachs...
Fit a front splitter from a LCR...
Remap...

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Very nice, and in the right colour ;)

Are you the the same Jace from ukmkivs.net who had the Black PD150 (with black VW badges) ??

Uncanny if you were as we have identical cars again (barring the extras anyway)..

Im looking at lowering too, still not sure between Eibach/H&R, but my local dealer wont get involved either way..

Chris

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Out of interest, how much were the kick plates?

By the way, H&R springs seem to give the best "look" for the Leon from the pics I have seen and the ride is good too.

I got them from SEAT-FACTORY, think they were about £40 inc P&P

H&R you say, mmm, I shall investigate further....

Very nice, and in the right colour ;)

Are you the the same Jace from ukmkivs.net who had the Black PD150 (with black VW badges) ??

Uncanny if you were as we have identical cars again (barring the extras anyway)..

Chris

Could be :whistle:

You have good taste ;)

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Hey Jace,

Just a quick question. What is the best way to dry your Leon? Do you use a mf drying towel and some QD? I cleaned my car last night and had a bit of a problem drying it especially the side panels.
Alex

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
How do you rinse it off, using a spray attachement ?

I use a open ended hose to sheet the water off, it leaves hardly any standing water, I then mop it up with a MF Drying towel, followed by a wipe down with QD.

OCD Time, I also use some bounty kitchen towl stuff in the boot handle for a few mins & also in the gap between the rear window glass & hatch frame work, this is a mega water trap, open the boot a few times & its all moped up[B)]

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
How do you rinse it off, using a spray attachement ?

I use a open ended hose to sheet the water off, it leaves hardly any standing water, I then mop it up with a MF Drying towel, followed by a wipe down with QD.

OCD Time, I also use some bounty kitchen towl stuff in the boot handle for a few mins & also in the gap between the rear window glass & hatch frame work, this is a mega water trap, open the boot a few times & its all moped up[B)]

Yea, I just rinse using a hose. I was spraying the panels with QD before giving the panel a pat down with the MF Drying towel. Is this a good plan? Also the side panels such as the door were a bit harder to dry as the towel stay on long enough to soak up the left over water. I'd just gave it a further pat down with the towel.
Also I noticed the water traps in the boot. Very annoying when you thought that you managed to moped up all the water.
Thanks,
Alex

VRSDanny

simply gorgeous that m8, grill makes so much difference.........

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Gave her some Double Dodo action

Old school Double Dodo though ;)

Washed her down with Bilt Hammer shampoo :thumb:, rinsed off with aqua gleamed water.

Preped with Clearcote vanilla moose hand glaze, the a coat of Dodo Blue Velvet was applied, followed by a wipe down with Victoria Carnuaba QD.

Then left overnight.

This morning I applied a coat of Dodo Purple Haze, again followed by a wipe down with Victoria Carnuaba QD to pick up any residue.

Tyres were treated to Megs all season dressing, & glass, Carlack Nano stuff.

I was really impressed by the way the Blue Velvet went on, even more so with how easy it was to buff off for a hard wax :thumb: , the final layer of Purple Haze was as easy to apply & remove as ever, almost like warm butter its that soft.......

P1000662.jpg

P1000663.jpg

P1000664.jpg

Nice bit of Flake in the winter sunshine

P1000666.jpg

P1000669.jpg

P1000671.jpg

P1000675.jpg

P1000676.jpg

P1000679.jpg

Enjoy ...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise