Josh's Leon FR tdi. R32 interior fitted.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Eventually I want to get leather and possibly a sat nav not that bothered about anymore OEM... starting to wish i bought an LCR now and dealt with insurance when it comes to it, cause mine was only just catching a 106 gti earlier! glad to say he bottled it first though :D I say that but being 20 and not on mummys insurance i would have to be dreaming to afford one of those! Just spent a tonne on polish, wax and other rubbish to try and get my paint work somewhere near her former days... thats 1 thing that really annoys me about the car the paint! Claki, what engine mods have you done? cant do too much to mine atm, trying my hardest to respect the conditions of the warranty haha...

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Going on her ass tomorrow after work! only got springs though, mate had them on his mk4 golf gti for about 3 months and gave them to me! see how many times i scrape the splitter now, managed it twice since its been on

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Did the springs on wed, drop 40mm, looks lush! backs a right sleeper!! ill get pics up on here abit later. need 4 wheel alignment done and rear ARB next. eventually coilies when i go on deployment and save some pennies! gouged my front n/s wheel with a torque wrench though, and split my lip badly getting the bolt out of the drop link haha, Also found out we have a mandraulic pump press at work so payday means poly bushed wishbones :D mother took delivery of my buffer, shimmer polish, klay kit and dodo juice wax so i am going to have a field day when im home! Ooh im ordering some 2.25" pipe to mufflerectomy her as well, 6x4" tip cheers

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

Thought I'd throw this one in as I've been seen off by fords! :censored: two of them are mates though..
IMG_2048.jpg

looks good looks bloody low considering its only 40mm,whats the comfort like with them on?
why are you getting 2.25 pipe? you should get 2.5 so its sleeves over the existing exhaust that way it can be clamped around the existing exhaust rather than needing welding.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I know thats what i said to the mate who gave them to me, he had them on a Golf mk4 gti with genuine rs4 wheels, and that looked lower than mine... he assures me they are 35-40mm though..? The front is fine, but the back is very hard now! definately getting coilies so i can drop the front a little more and raise the back. I thought about 2.5" but if i get 2.25" I can get a joiner and do it that way.... If needs be put the origonal backbox on for MOT, heard rumours that it makes too much noise but my brother is an MOT tester so I dont see a probem. I thought there would be a big difference between 2.25 and 2.5? which would mean it would need weldint any way? 6mm difference between them

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Yeah the dampers are standard, I got given the springs so they're only on for a while until i can afford some half decent coilies, rear ARB and s3 strut brace, brace and poly bushes when i get paid!

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Just ordered my powerflex bushes, 1m of 2.25" exhaust pipe, rolled chrome tip and sleeve for mufflerectomy (6x4 oval tip soon to come) and some yellow tint for foglights...
thought about HID kit but pushed it under the carpet,
Got all this to sort out and my rotary buffer and £50 worth of polish wax and a clay kit when i get home tomorrow!

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Yes mate! What bushes did you go for? Are you getting lamin x for the fogs?

I'm thinking about selling my DA polisher for a Rotary. I think ill get better results.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
rear wishbone bushes, as mine are very chewed and when i brake to stop, the whole wheel moves in the arch haha!
No, just tint, once again i rushed into it and didnt do my research :mad:
just won a mk4 golf leather handbrake assembly, cheers ebay! £8.06
mine is a rotary, got a door from a scrappy about a month ao to practice wet and drying on before i let loose on my not so good condition paint!

Starting to think about a map after the exhaust is done, and just getting it done on standard clutch as its covered 2000 miles, so should last a few thousand more yet with a map? then dealing with it when the clutch gives up..? anybody done this?

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Will do mate, hasn't been delivered so I'll have to pick it up next time I'm home then do it at work, so a few weeks yet.
Went nuts on the paint, i am very happy with how it's come out, just gutted it started raining half way through hand waxing it! So again tomorrow clean and full wax! Will get pics up

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Outcome of the detailing day....
After a jet wash and wash.
IMG_2088.jpg

After a clay
IMG_2091.jpg

After a g3 compound scratch removal go
IMG_2093.jpg

and another
IMG_2094.jpg

Now when i'm back at work, de swirl and dodo juice wax application, (again)
these babies to go in
IMG_2097.jpg

Fog lights tinted, exhaust made and fitted and leather handbrake fitted, after mother posts it all to me at work. :)

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
There is no way that's a 40mm droop on the back lol.. From the pictures it looks like the back is out of balance to the front..

You don't have much luck with garages do you.

I had a mufflerectomy about a month ago, cost me 70 quid. I also took my do/cat off and smashed the cat out so mine is 100% straight through. I'm also pd 150 but mine a Cupra

I would hate to feel what that dog bone mounts like lol.

Cars looking good though just needs dropping on the front or raising on the rear. My h&r springs gave it a nice even drop and looked good with spacers. There just sat in my shed now though.

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I've decided to put the standard springs back on now, drove to Cornwall just and the m5 and a30 did my head in! Lost two jacking point trims too! I'll get some coilies when I have the money, can't wait to do the exhaust but doing it with a sleeve so back box can always be put back on. What did you replace the cat with?

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
spent ages last night on the car, got back and n/s back to standard with a powerflex bush pressed in, off to do o/s now. think i might need pads and discs now though because to split the strut from the hub i used loads of lube we use on the helicopters, and its soaked into pads.... thinking about a 5000 mile oil change too. Wish me luck!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise