Judder: toledo v5 poss clutch or gearbox?

Paul R

hello all great site,

this is my 3rd V5

its a 2001 Y plate bought it 3 days ago and i seem to think the clucth has colapsed .

at low speed in 1st or reverse am getting a vilant judder evan with my clutch fully pressed in , then every now and again it will not come out of gear

the clucth seems fine and is not slippin at all, and does seem to drive well on the roads, this proplem is occuring more when i am getting onto the path and off it, and taking off from lights ect..

any help and advice is much appreciated

also does the engine have to be taken out for a clutch to be done ? or the box ??

thanks guys

Paul R

also the wheels are juddering like mad when i take off from 1st ?

please someone try and tell me what it is :(

nandocas

Hi Paul,i have same model and year as yours,mines been fine all the way,best car so far.i cant be shure but i can think of two reasons for your problem,or the clutch is on way out or the top of the gearbox ,not shure about the specific name,maybe its the links or cables ?im saying this because my it happen to me that i lost my third gear for a while,i drove for a month with no third gear and after that the reverse was gonne to so after that i had it checked and the mechanic found the fault to be in the parts under the gear gaiter,hope id still remenber the parts name,being foreiger doesnt help thou.hope you sort it out mate,good luck.Nando. ps.i was only charged 25 pounds for the fixing..

Paul R

i hope its the clucth and not the gearbox, is this more likey to be the case ?

Paul R

the linkages did you mean ?

its not the linkage, all the gears go in lovely but then sometimes they dont , if ya get me.

its somethin a bit more serious than linkage i just hope someone can pinpoint it for me on here

nandocas

Yeah,that sounds like the clutch then because my gears wouldnt go in at all,its a diferent case to yours then...so hope its the easiest way for you mate.easy.