Just bought a Cupra!! :D|

lyceum

Hey all

Just put a deposit down on a Black 53 plate Leon 1.8T Cupra. Trading in my Toledo Tdi for it. Can't wait to pick up in the week!

I had Revo stage 1 done on my Toledo and it made a hell of a difference, so am thinking about it for my Leon as well, but will need to pay off the credit card first!

Is there anything I need to bear in mind before getting it done? Do the clutches and turbos hold up ok? The car is standard, 82,000 miles.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Tom.

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
where are ya? did they do you a good trade on yoru toledo? i am looking for 1 and could be a better deal in it

lyceum

where are ya? did they do you a good trade on yoru toledo? i am looking for 1 and could be a better deal in it

I'm down in Dorset. Think I got an OK deal on it, but was worth it as was so impressed by the Cupra. This forum won't let me post a link yet, but search for Toledo on Ebay Motors using post code BH14 and its the top of the list.

squirrelater

will do, picking it up tomorrow!! can't wait :p

Curious what you bought, I tested a few around Dorset a week and a half ago, picked mine up last saturday.

You'll love it, I swapped from a cordoba se130tdi, cupra isn't a huge amount quicker, but sooooo much nicer to drive/kitted out.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Very good choice mate.

And in the best colour [B)]

I got mine remapped at 80,000 and she's now on 108,000 not had any probs with the turbo (turns to touch wooden table)

Last edited:

lyceum

Curious what you bought, I tested a few around Dorset a week and a half ago, picked mine up last saturday.

You'll love it, I swapped from a cordoba se130tdi, cupra isn't a huge amount quicker, but sooooo much nicer to drive/kitted out.

One im getting is not local, although did test drive one in Christchurch and Dorchester a couple of weeks ago that convinced me I HAD to have one. Not massively quicker no, but they way the power is delivered and the handling is so much more enjoyable than the three diesels I've had thus far!! :D

hi
i noticed on your ebay ad you live in poole so do i :)
where abouts? would be nice to meet up with a fellow lcr lover
Adam

I'm in Ashley Cross mate, should be easy enough to spot you around in your colour :) Hopefully get an r in a couple of years but will mod mod mod till then.

Cheers all for the welcome btw, awesome forum :worship:

lyceum

Very good choice mate.

And in the best colour [B)]

I got mine remapped at 80,000 and she's now on 108,000 not had any probs with the turbo (turns to touch wooden table)

cheers man. yours has pretty much got all the mods i'm wanting over the next year or so. Was it easy enough getting hold of the alloys?

Moshymosh

Mar 2, 2010
Poole, Dorset
yes i know mine does stand out just a little bit haha ohh kool i live in oakdale not that far at all this is my first one love it i love vags cant fault them well we shall meet when you get your cupra :)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
cheers man. yours has pretty much got all the mods i'm wanting over the next year or so. Was it easy enough getting hold of the alloys?

I got the LCR alloys of ebay. they come up occasionally. they also come up for sale in "for sale" section on here. expect to pay around £500-£600 for a good set with no kerbing.

Invest in some good cleaning products though. the black magic paint is bugger to keep clean and swirl free ;)

lyceum

here she is... was great fun driving back along the A350 in the sun (except for the lorries and random farm machinery)

Completely standard as you can see. Went into the new local Seat dealership on the way back to enquire about car mats...apparently they no longer sell them so just bought some off ebay. They are also ordering me in a lcr front splitter too, £22 including VAT! Pretty reasonable I think...

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

lyceum

nice and clean mate! but i'd check that exhaust... it looks like maybe a bracket has come undone as it's hanging pretty low!

just went and checked.... think the angle the pic was taken at didn't help. Its seems secure and you can't push it up like if it was just hanging. I'll keep an eye on it though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise