Just had my AP coilovers fitted ,But have a question

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Ive had my coilovers fitted and all is good except ive noticed when going 20+ miles an hour and turning slightly if i hit a dip there seems to be a slight rub noise from the fronts.There not stupidly low and i am going to bring them up a bit more but wonderd if this is common.I cant even see any sighns of rub marks on the inner arch liner..

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
How low is "not stupidly low"?

Its kinda hard to explain, but in the arch, the top screw which holds the bumper on has the plastic sticking out further than the rest, it could be catching on that. My coilies rub slightly when going over bumps mid corner, I just live with it cos it looks better lower :D

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Cheers mate ,no its not stupid low the front which ive just wound up 2 more turns scince my 1st post will now allow me to stick one finger between the arch and tyre and its a loose fit.will chech that plastic bit tomos.

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Cheers mate ,no its not stupid low the front which ive just wound up 2 more turns scince my 1st post will now allow me to stick one finger between the arch and tyre and its a loose fit.will chech that plastic bit tomos.

in all fairness, that is fairly low if you've only room for 1 finger.. mine rubs in corners as i said, and i still have about 30mm left to go down on the front! Rears are already at their lowest lol

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Sorry are you on AP'S as i started with 45 mm left of thead to go down and know have wound it back up a further 6 full turns.I will try it tomorrow and see.I can always go up more.The rears are at the lowest with the adjusters in giving about 1 inch of clearance which is fine and as for the front i wanted a slight slant/rake of about 5-10mm .Need to get this done before i get the 4 wheel alignment on saturday

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Thought about PRO TYRE for the alignment,what do you recon.Oh and mines a TDI so heavier engine i guess

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Sorry are you on AP'S as i started with 45 mm left of thead to go down and know have wound it back up a further 6 full turns.I will try it tomorrow and see.I can always go up more.The rears are at the lowest with the adjusters in giving about 1 inch of clearance which is fine and as for the front i wanted a slight slant/rake of about 5-10mm .Need to get this done before i get the 4 wheel alignment on saturday

No, I'm on FK's. I guess yours go much lower at the front than mine, but all coilovers for mk4 ibiza seem to go far lower on the front than the rear lol.

Take some pics and post them up :D

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
I'm half way down the coils on my AP's and TBH I can only get one finger in the front and on the rear i've got the ring on the cup out
so the springs are sat on the bottom of the cup and there's still a large gap between the rubber and the arch!!!

Back end is still WAY too high, the front can go at least 40mm lower but even at ride height i'm at (4x4 ride height)
mine rub like a biatch on the o/s when I hit a bad bump or dip, this is due the weight of the engine been on the o/s.

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
i fit mine the other day and when turning right i get the same along with a sqweeky noise, not sure what might be causing the sounds?? i'm getting some new droplinks for the ARB but still not sure if this will solve the sound problems ... any ideas???

Cheers

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Wound mine up so im just over a finger gap at the front and the rears with the ajusters in are just over a finger gap ,seems to be fine now with no rubs squeeks etc.Ive used new top mounts ,bearings ARB links(stock as all thats needed for this kit) and i think it looks hard as well as performing well.Im up for handling over looks although i woundnt want it higher so a bit of botth if honest but i want to be able to drive hard without clunks,knocks or other ugly sounds. will post pics tomorrow evening.Oh and everything is well greased to

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.