Just ordered a Leon st in Mystery blue BUT

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
BUT. Now im not so sure about the color. I have searched all over the net to find a desent pic. of the color. but im still i not sure. I hoped it would look like/Kind of Skodas RACE BLUE.

Have anyone seen the color in real life???? i can still change the color if i dont like it. i have to monday to decide.

Help me out here, Please

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
I'm in the same place have ordered without seeing ..... not a lot I can do now just hope I like it and it's suitably mysterious

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sturgy74

Mar 13, 2015
Me 3. It was either that or the new purple colour, but it looked almost black in some photos. In the end we've put an order in for the Mystery Blue FR. Can't really go wrong with blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wati25

May 22, 2016
BUT. Now im not so sure about the color. I have searched all over the net to find a desent pic. of the color. but im still i not sure. I hoped it would look like/Kind of Skodas RACE BLUE.

Have anyone seen the color in real life???? i can still change the color if i dont like it. i have to monday to decide.

Help me out here, Please

Not sure whether this helps.. I have an ST in Apollo Blue which looks similar to the Mystery Blue?? Click on this link for some pictures https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah4tafj2jmu8idNomgWwY3vOTdk0WA

Last edited:

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
Me 4. Ordered one here in Finland. The reseller told me that Mystery Blue color has not been in production yet and thus they haven't received any show cars. Anyway, the only video I am able to find showing the Mystery Blue color in FR trim is in Motorvision clip in Youtube. I am not allowed to link URLs here so search "Seat Leon im Test - fahrbericht & review neuer seat leon 2017". Video is submitted by Motorvision.

I hope this helps. Would be really nice to see the color in the flesh before buying but what can you do? :)

- Henri

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Thanks Henri .... darker than I thought but think I like .... think the previous alor blue was better but hopefully good in the flesh

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Not sure what the mystery is in the mystery blue ... you expect something different and it's fairly standard

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
i Have a son whos painting cars for a living, so ive got a sample of it today, i can say that its very close to the Golf 7 R Lapiz Blue. maybe a touch more purple. but its really close.
not allowed to link to any pics, yet [:@]

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
i Have a son whos painting cars for a living, so ive got a sample of it today, i can say that its very close to the Golf 7 R Lapiz Blue. maybe a touch more purple. but its really close.
not allowed to link to any pics, yet [:@]
That's good.... I like the lapis blue on golf r and I like purple.... bonus !!! So.... purple is the mystery !! Lol

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
That's good.... I like the lapis blue on golf r and I like purple.... bonus !!! So.... purple is the mystery !! Lol

i must be. :D if you look at the pics on seat.com there a lot of pics of a 3 door vers. in Myst Blue. thinks it look real and not as fake as many other pics out there.

Aknedude

Jan 24, 2017
well i can tell you that its VERY dark Blue, MUCH darker IRL. than on pics. so im gonna change my color to penerius gray instead. Dark blue is a scratch magnet, and everything shows on that color.

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
well i can tell you that its VERY dark Blue, MUCH darker IRL. than on pics. so im gonna change my color to penerius gray instead. Dark blue is a scratch magnet, and everything shows on that color.
But is it like golf lapis.... or is it much darker thsn that.... not sure why I'm asking .... that's what's being built... funny grey was my other choice..... will be getting paint protection done within a couple of days of delivery

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
hmmm

On the other hand, it is metal color. So, it should stand more tear and wear than normal "matte" colors. I guess good waxing, let's say 2-4 times a year, makes a big difference.

Anyway, I thought this same thing and initially I was about to select the Ice Silver, but those 50 shades of grey do look all the same, don't they? They are bit dull. I've also had so many red cars... there isn't really that much choice, is there? :think:

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
If only they had brought back Lima green ..... yeah blue was the only good alternative.... I tend to was 3 or 4 times a year so all good .... makes it so much easier to wash when it has good coat of wax

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
0e513221638622d0e2eeeb4d3c194d62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Munkie

Jan 16, 2017
But as seen in the you tube video it can look really dark

2aa9c487ddc4cb5b11795c8907b22f28.jpg

3995e8a5122b289dd550ecdc3667427b.jpg

14bc6586f8dfb168373299e1cd9197b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Strange but it looks better on the front end thsn on sample .... sample makes it look slightly darker..... or could be my eyes early morning. Pre coffee

Chuggs1

Sep 22, 2016
Just realised something ..... my build week is...... next week .... woohoo

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members