Just the rear ARB?

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
Do people reccomend only doing the rear anti roll bar? or have you gotta do the pair?

The reason i ask is that the front already has one and Neuspeed sell them seperatly.

So basically am i going to regret just doing the rear?

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
yeah unless you only put a small one on the rear you will out an imballence in the way the car handles.
I bought both front and rear but fitted the rear a couple of days before the front (as it was easier to do)
and i noticed that there would be what i can only explain as a delay with traction at the rear ie the front would grip the rear would step then grip but by then you are already trying to compensate.

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
yeah unless you only put a small one on the rear you will out an imballence in the way the car handles.
I bought both front and rear but fitted the rear a couple of days before the front (as it was easier to do)
and i noticed that there would be what i can only explain as a delay with traction at the rear ie the front would grip the rear would step then grip but by then you are already trying to compensate.

Thanks! thats what i needed to know.....

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The LC has a thicker front arb than the LCR as standard. If your bushes are in good condition, the front is not too bad. I ran mine for over a year with just a std front / Neuspeed rear and the handling was good.

Obviously it improved further once I fitted a Neuspeed front as well.

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Either set will give you a good benefit. The neuspeed ones come with new drop links on the front, and you have more choice on size for the rear bar, also the rear brackets for the bar on the neuspeed are better IMO.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com

I'm running 25mm front and 25mm rear and the car still feels neutral but there's also a lovely bit of oversteer which you can play with too on the limit. I don't think there's as much difference between the sizes in terms of real handling difference. I certainly don't feel like i should have maintained any kind of ratio between front and back.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
well i've got 28mm rear & 25mm front but it was the fact that i went straight to 28mm rear with standard LCR front but now im fully set up it handles amazingly like its on rails

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Are you saying that you have the front done already?
If so save the money, don't change the front, get the rear Neuspeed 28mm one and S3 strutt brace and get alignment done aswell
Oh and while your at it get the dog bone mount done