Keeping a window open after locking?

Tommie W

Hi guys, long time lurker here.

Now I know I've seen it somewhere on here (and I even used the search function) but I can't for the life of me remember how to get the windows to stay open on my 1.9TDI. They close if you just press the lock button (I think it's called one touch) and I haven't had any extra modules fitted or anything. If I recall is there a sequence where you put the key in the door and you can open and close them. I know we haven't had much of a summer but it's nice to be able to leave the windows open a little to stop the whole thing turning into an oven.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
you can just blip the window down a bit with the switch...... if not pop the key in the door lock and unlock the car and hold the key over in the unlock position to open them and to close hold the key over in the lock position

Tommie W

Sorted it, I was just turning the key the wrong way :redface: !!

What's involved in getting windows working off the fob on preface lift models then?

Tommie W

Linky's no good, but i know the one you mean. It's about £25 quid and it's a one hit thing. Just plug it in, wait for the beep and then chuck it away.

Mcpickering

And so it begins....
Jul 21, 2009
Reading
So is the only way to get this window opening/closing feature on the face lift models by spending the £300 to change the unit?

Tommie W

Well I thought I'd try it before putting my hand in my pocket, and I can already open and close the windows with the fob. RESULT!

Tommie W

No, mines a pre face lift 03 plate 1.9TDI 130Ps Sport (before they started calling them Fr's I believe). I try not to feel too smug when I see people fitting those tiny centre sun visors and red map lights (and now auto close kits) because mine came with all of it standard:p

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
No, mines a pre face lift 03 plate 1.9TDI 130Ps Sport (before they started calling them Fr's I believe). I try not to feel too smug when I see people fitting those tiny centre sun visors and red map lights (and now auto close kits) because mine came with all of it standard:p

as far as i know ibizas never came with red map reading lights or the auto close thing as standard so i would suggest yours has been tinkered with!

Tommie W

Really? The map lights are part of the console in the roof, it looks like a Seat part and they dim with the dial controls?

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Really? The map lights are part of the console in the roof, it looks like a Seat part and they dim with the dial controls?

can you post a piccy of the light and ill tell you for def. my w8 light has the red ambient lighting and that dims with the dials aswell. ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.