Keeping up with Nissan Pulsar/Punto GT

gaz987

Hi all,

Does anybody know what the Nissan Pulsars bhp is?

I have a standard 210 LCR and Iwas keeping up with it to 80 mph but then it was like he had nitro on board........ left me as if i was standing still. :cry:

Also my nephew has bought a Punto GT and for a 1.4 engine (Turbo) this is rapid, keeps up with me from 0-60.

By having REVO installed does anybody know the improvements on 0-60 times? and does it have effect on top end?

Appreciate your views and info

Regards

Gaz

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
my little punto gt was rapid don't think there will be a lot of cars what could beat a punto gt at take of but u should p**** all over at top end.
what u have realize m8 u have a bigger car there far lot heavier.
but a remap will help ya motor out a lot.

Last edited:

flashbsd

the gti-r's come with 280 standard i believe, its badically a skiline engine in a hatchback = silly modifications!

You will never keep up with a gti-r to be honest in a stock LCR, the punto's are pretty ni[ppy, ive been had by one, but then i later found he used a whole bottle of NOS and all of a sudden gave up trying when i sailed past!

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
Punto GT is 130bhp and 1100Kg-ish. Think they quote 8.5 0-60.

LCR 210 should pull away from it quite nicely.

Punto can have a whoosy dump valve though!

Mate had a Pulsar. Funniest car I've ever been in. Could light up all four tyres in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Looks like a proper hot hatch too!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Its not a Skyline engine in a Pulsar/Sunny GTI-R, Skyline uses a turbo charged straight six, the Pulsar uses a turbo charged 2 litre 4 cylinder. Very fast little cars! 4WD, fairly light, very rapid indeed.

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
The GTiR/Pulsars have a 2.0 Turbo 220bhp lump and are very quick.... with 4wd they launch like a scolded cat, with a standard GTiR a standard LCR should easily hold its own at silly speeds - if one pulled away from you at 80mph like you were standing still it must have been modified, you can get upto 300bhp reasonably cheaply and easily.

I used to have an Uno Turbo ie, basically the same 1.4 engine as in the Punto GT - although it was quick, it wasn't upto a LCR in terms of performance. You will have been pulling away from it, but just not as quick as you might have thought.

ice maiden

you should beat the pulsar, my eldests mate has one my revo'd lcr beats him everytime!

jhlcr

Jan 30, 2006
is ther such a thing as a standard pulsar?its a car you tune as soon as you get it!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
i will agree.
They are 220bhp standard but 99.9% of them over here are modified.
300bhp is soooo easy to achieve. then 400bhp think 450bhp is tops before BT.

I love the pulsar, launches amazingly but looks horrid IMO.

Punto GT you should do, I have a 210 LCR I used to do punto GT's in my 2 litre Corsa.

dobber

NeilW said:
Punto GT is 130bhp and 1100Kg-ish. Think they quote 8.5 0-60.

LCR 210 should pull away from it quite nicely.

Punto can have a whoosy dump valve though!

Mate had a Pulsar. Funniest car I've ever been in. Could light up all four tyres in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Looks like a proper hot hatch too!

Talking of power to weight, my DC5 integra was 220bhp standard and 1140kg :)

Im sure my chipped LCR would have no probs leaving a Punto but it would struggle to keep up with the Pulsar/GTiR

storeyd

Newcastle
Jul 5, 2006
Newcastle
I used to own the Nissan 200sx. The engine in that is almost identical to the Pulsar (2.0 4 cyl 16v turbo). They are so many easy modifications you can do to these. 300bhp can be done with £500. There are loads with 450 plus and it can even be taken to 750BHP.
So if you come up against one thats modified, don't be suprised if you are left in the trail of rubber!!!
A standard one would be no match for a revo LCR. They are quite heavy due to the 4WD. In fact they are the same weight as a 200SX (1250KG).

Last edited:

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
This is about as standard as they get.....

1.jpg

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
My mate had a GTIr and it would leave my standard LCR for dust and probably also a modded LCR.
He reckoned it being around 350bhp and would make 911's look silly.

Blew it up though :cartman:

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
Jap Knackers lol also big bills for gearbox and clutch as engine has to come out lol.

Ugly but rapid for not a lot of money £2000+ for 300BHP

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
My uncle owns a garage and had a PULSAR up there once,
He's an ex rally driver, he said they are mental cars

Apparently the BHP on the pulsar was higher than stated on the book, but they set it lower for some reason like insurance...cant remember the exact reason.

gaz987

Thanks guys.

Just came back from holiday (long weekend down south) and found my car on the drive with rusty brake discs.... Car has only been stationary for 5 days!

Does anybody elses car suffer with this?

P.s. Brand new Brake Discs were fitted mid July by main dealer.

Gaz

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
mine does that every day mate.
gti -r,ok so long as you get rid of the standard brakes.notoriously shite,FMIC is rumoured to gain alot of poke too.
the only rally the gt-r ever won was sweden iirc due to being so cold that the engine mounted intercooler didnt get heat soaked to fook.

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
As said above..those pulsar's are nice tools..Easily modded and 99% are.

But, the magority are modded in the wrong way..the boost is wound up..and nothing else. They then tend to suffer from detonation and go Pop quite quickly. lol.

As for those gt's...they can also be tuned a fair bit..well over 200bhp...but also dont last to long...if it was near standard..your car should have trounced it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.