Key Battery Replacement Help Please

BallGuy

Hi, I have a non flip style key and need to get into it to replace the battery. Unfortunately the links people have posted in previos threads aren't working for me.

Could someone please outline how I get in to the battery?

Thanks.

Colin

BallGuy

Thanks for the reply.:)

I've had a go and unusual for me I wasn't wanting to force it.

I was wondering which part should come away.

The front (bit with buttons) seems doubtful, but actually moves more.

or the back, (bit with lever hole) which seems reluctant to budge?

Cheers again

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
the metal key bit comes off and leaves u with the bit with the buttons on, and then the bit with the buttons comes apart in 2 aswell if that makes sense

BallGuy

Thanks, just to make sure this is my key.

key004.jpg

Key002.jpg

May just bite the bullet and give it a shot, but the last thing I want is a busted key. Because I had forgotten how much of a pain actually manually locking the car is.

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
yeh thats the same as mine...just hold it at both ends n then push in half....it feels like its not gonna give n then it does.

i find it easier to do by holding it with the seat logo facing you and pushing it away if that makes sense.

I really dont think its possible to break it!

Let me know how u get on

BallGuy

Well just did it, battery is only reading 1.8volts, so fairly confident when I put a new battery in I'll be sorted.

Here are some photos that someone else will hopefully find use ful in future.

key006.jpg

key007.jpg

key005.jpg

Thanks again, everyone for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

BallGuy

Just as a final post on this. I found a CR2032 (the second one from a twin pack) I bought a month ago (and had forgotten about) fitted it and can now open and lock the car remotely.

Didn't even have to resynch it.

Thanks again.

Colin

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Nice one, I'm sure the photos will come in handy for someone else with the same key.

BallGuy

No worries Craig. Good to see you on here, wasn't sure of your username and I'm using one of my alter egos.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members