ko3s turbo

Joff16v

hi all,

just got an ibiza cupra, so new to all this lol!

its currently running 206bhp

im wanting to put on a ko3s or maybe ko4 turbo just for a little more power!

could some one tell me all the bits id need to do the swap and is it a straight forward swap or do i need lots of work?

would i need another remap after this? andf what sort of power should i expect from it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
first advice (and something which is honestly getting tiring to say constantly) is SEARCH!

there is a very nice button up top, and if you write k03s and then either power or fitting then there will be sooooo much info.

to be slightly helpfull so I don't get shite for being a ***** to newbies who don't read rules, here's the parts you need for k03s

k03s.jpg

Joff16v

sorry mate, i did try the search option first but kept getting an error message!

thanks for the list anyway

so if i get a ko3s will it fit to the standard manifold?

any other mods i should do if im fitting this turbo?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
the only other thing you really NEED is a TIP (turbo intake pipe) because the one you have has a metal piece connecting the the turbo, and its too skinny (diameter wise) to fit on a K03s.

the rest is option. Ofcourse its much better getting other bits and bobs too because otherwise, honestly, I don't think it will make much difference. You'll need upgraded downpipe, catback, airfilter and then get it to stage 2 and you'll hit anywhere between 230-250hp (map depending)

oh yeah and a 4bar fuel pressure regulator.

Joff16v

thanks for the replys

my car has already got -

miltek cat back

jetex filter

n75 bypass

rsd intake pipe

and rsd ( oetinger ) remap

im gona go for a decat, get a front mount then try and find a ko3s i think, should do for now!:)

what sort of power can the standard internals and other bits and pieces take on these engines?

Last edited by a moderator:

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
This is my plan. Picking up the new ko3s today hopefully.Just now i have FMIC, dump valve, BMC induction kit, Cat back.

Will be buying a TIP this month.

So for stage 2 i will need 4bar fpr and a downpipe.

What else should i get to get the most out of it? I really want the car up to the 250bhp mark?

Has anyone on here got over 250bhp from the ko3s?

Cheers Ross.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
4bar fpr is not essential but some mappers do require one. In all honesty i dont think you will get a true 250 out of a ko3s. I think they make out at about 230-240ish but push it any harder and you may get 250 but your turbo wont live long. I got 227bhp out of mine, but i think torque figures are more important. Figures are just for pub talk really, its all about how the car feels to drive and if it puts a smile on your face!

Sports cat or decat is a MUST aswell!

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
Cheers guys... I wil do every mod i can to get the most out of the turbo! I want to go big turbo but that wont be until next year so just now i want to get the ko3s on and do as much as i can to get it as fast as i can lol

Will definetly get new cat and downpipe.

Are you 227 with the mods in your sig mate? What is your torque?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Yeh with all the mods. Torque i made just under 280, think it was 279.7lb/ft. But that was on bog standard pertrol, tuner said it should make a little more when i use v-power, so thats all i use now. My clutrch is nakkered so getting a new one but dont know if that would effect what power the car makes. Think its running T6B7 on revo stage 2, some people say revo2 is not up to the job of ko3s but with the sps switch you can squeeze more out of the map, but thats a different debate!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I dont see the massive appeal about a k03s personally, i'd do as much as you can on a k03 then decide what to do. You'll always need a FMIC and a decent turbo back exhaust so you might as well do them first and see how it pulls. I also dont think your oettinger map will get the most out of the k03s as well as that tends to be a less agressive map, plus dont bother with a 4bar unless your map needs it.

Most i got was 228 and 265lbs/ft on my k03s. But thats more like 235-240 and 280lbs i reckon as it was a super hot day with the intake temps reaching 60+ degrees goin on the rollers and ran with the bonnet down as well.

R 20vt J

Ross Jamieson
Mar 29, 2007
Irvine, Scotland
well i got a ko3s for 180 thats why i have went for it. So going to tune it as much as i can then decide what to do from ther! Desperate for more power lol

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
just to mention if you going decat dont forget about the MOT time when it comes round or you going to be a bit stuck...and if your wanting to go big turbo why not just wait save the money you would spend on the k03s etc and get the parts required for the big turbo together and get it earlier..?? Just seems a bit of a waste of money and effort to me...