KW dampers

Jolly

LCR lover
Dec 31, 2004
Reading
Morning all,

Ordered myself some KW dampers to be paired with my eibach springs :D

Just wondering what people think of that setup? Im bored at work and just interested in some opinions

I cant wait to get them fitted and my alignment done now! (i hate the waiting part!!)

Its on an LCR btw

Cheers guys :happy:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Not heard of anyone having the same set up as you with Eibach/KW
Will be interesting to see what you think about it
Do you just have the OEM shocks on there just now?
How many miles have these done?

Jolly

LCR lover
Dec 31, 2004
Reading
Ive had my eibach springs for probably 2.5-3K miles and it started off pretty good. My shocks are OEM at the mo and now (i think) coming to the end of their life. :(

The cars done 45K miles on them and starting to get a bit crashy.... more so than normal.

I hope Ive done the right thing with my setup! Damien @ DPM reckons they should work fine... im thinking along the same lines so fingers crossed :happy:

Love the eibach springs! be a shame to have to replace them too :cry:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I personally wouldnt as a manufacturer made them to be sportier and lower than standaring optimising comfort and road holding depending on there targets and swapping items will upset that balance. An old combo was eibachs and koni's but ive always thought against mixing and matching. Why not order some eibach dampers although as much as other manufacturers kits im sure they would be pretty good.

Jolly

LCR lover
Dec 31, 2004
Reading
Why not order some eibach dampers.

I did look into that but was told eibach dont do dampers for the LCR (something to do with the ARB attachment). I MIGHT have been able to fit Audi TT FWD ones but would have been one of the first to try it and didnt fancy taking the risk.

KW's were the safer option. As i already have the springs it seemed silly not to try it and just buy a full KW kit. :shrug: If it doesnt work or feels rubbish ill let you guys know and i havent lost anything :D

(If it doesnt work i may have some eibach springs for sale! :happy:)

Jolly

LCR lover
Dec 31, 2004
Reading
***update***

had the work done today and took the car out for a couple of hours.... love it! it feels so much better!

The crashiness has disappeared. Dont get me wrong, its a very hard ride but still the bone jarring crashes have gone! It feels smoother and more controlled taking bends at speed and i can fly around roundabouts tighter than before.... it certainly surprized the girlfriend (she almost ended up in my lap! not that i mind ;))

Eibach pro springs and KW shocks defo recommended by me [B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members