L.E.D Sidelights

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
im using PIAA LED's. They're the usual 501 bulb fitment but have 2 LED's in each bulb. You can get them in twin blue, twin white, or one of each. I went for the one of each option, but its still a little on the blue side, shoulda gone for twin whites, might be a better match for my HID's.

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Think they're the same as mine, LED 501's

5935_1.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Got mine from HIDs4U, the white 1.5W 505 ones. A little pricey IMO, but thats where I got the HIDs from so thought it would be easier. They go very well with the HIds. You can get them in blue as well, but I think the white ones are fine.

Aimez

How long have you all had these I have never bought any as sooooo many people say they blow after only a few months and they are not exactly cheap. Can't find any member who has had them for say a year? My car has has the same side light bulbs since 06.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I just used the Philips bluevision bulbs on my FR - they looked a pretty decent colour and there's no worry of expensive LED's blowing

jamiebennett81

these are the ones I have, and a few others on this site have them too

they match my 6000k LED's very nicely :D

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
How long have you all had these I have never bought any as sooooo many people say they blow after only a few months and they are not exactly cheap. Can't find any member who has had them for say a year?

Had them since Jan this year, but done 12K miles since then. One of the resons I didnt go for a cheap ebay set was to try and avoid problems like those. If they are good quality they should last far longer than standard bulbs (in theory!!!)

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Any pics mate, also how bright are your hids,mines r the 6000k. Also are they mot passable.

No pics unfortunately, the pic in my sig is a photoshop lol. I'll get some tomorrow evening :D My HID's are OEM, I think the bulbs I bought were 5700k?? No idea on MOT, first one isn't due til september but I wouldn't be surprised if they fail. I'll more than likely change them to normal bulbs for MOT tho.

How long have you all had these I have never bought any as sooooo many people say they blow after only a few months and they are not exactly cheap. Can't find any member who has had them for say a year? My car has has the same side light bulbs since 06.

I've had my LED's for just over 2yrs I think, never failed me yet! (Touch wood! :lol:) They cost me £20 though so I'd expect them to last a decent length of time. From what I've read/heard, its the cheapo ebay ones that tend to fail :confused:

Aimez

Yeh you get what you pay for but I have a set of halogens in that cost a couple of quid have been in since 2006 so hope they last that long or longer for 4 times the price. Think maybe I will come back to this in the winter time when I actually need them more!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
mines due an mot at the moment so it will be doing them after.

Just i need to rebuild the bumper first as i changed my headlights to the twin styles and hid's but left sidelights out

ben-ducky

Feb 25, 2008
Llanelli, S Wales
slightly off topic...i was going to go for the HID kit but opted for a set of Superblue xenon effect bulbs from Halfords...which at the time were BOGOF aswel. Really happy with them, look white and give off better light than the standard bulbs. Bought cheapy white 501 sidelights bulbs off ebay then for £2, job done! Very pleased for what Ive spent.
Opted for the Halfords bulbs after reading a review in a magazine of a load of different ones and the Halfords ones come out on top above even the Philips which I was quite surprised about.

Macks

Hi guys im looking to buy some HID's i cant find the definitve thread though.. I live in the uk.. What will be completley illegal for me.. Im looking for maybe either 6k or 8k ones.. Also will i need H7's to fit my seat ibiza mk4? what brands are the best to go with or if someone could link me to a current good deal that would be great.

Thanks guys.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE

I've got a pair in my garage Aimez, they have been on my Ibiza for well over a year and I have just removed them yesterday as I don't want to px it with them in.

Yours for a small fee.

Aimez

You not want them for the Leon then Nath or they different bulbs? Okay PM me the make they are (so I can see how much they are new!) and your price and we may have a deal!

On the subject of HID and MOT I have had 2 MOT with 8k HIDs and passed fine I just got them aligned when I fitted them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.