Lane assist min speed

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi,

I have noticed that lane assist only works with speeds of 60kmh or higher (about 37 mph).

Is there a way with obdeleven to reduce that?

Also the warning (take control of the wheel) that we receive is it possible to delay such warning with obdeleven?

Thx!

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Thanks Tell, as far as I understand this cannot be done via obdeleven. I have to activate TJA via vcp the it will automatically keep you in lane for low speeds.

Tell

Staff member
I got TJA... but I don't use it because I don't like lane assist. It was one of those layered options you could get on the first Ateca Xcellences. Given I don't use it, I have not experimented with its lane keeping abilities at slow speed. Just believe in driving the car rather than being frightened by whether the car can drive itself with it's limited abilities to do it. It's not a Tesla and they sometimes kill the driver. Need good white painted lines to stay on course.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
I got TJA... but I don't use it because I don't like lane assist. It was one of those layered options you could get on the first Ateca Xcellences. Given I don't use it, I have not experimented with its lane keeping abilities at slow speed. Just believe in driving the car rather than being frightened by whether the car can drive itself with it's limited abilities to do it. It's not a Tesla and they sometimes kill the driver. Need good white painted lines to stay on course.
I use ACC as I do alot of milage (perfect with lane assist on a DSG), but dont have TJA, ACC works also when in traffic stops the car completely if necessary, but not combined with lane assist on low speeds. Thats why i thought it might be interesting to try. But i dont have VCP ,only obd11, so I'll have to live with what I have for now. Thanks again Tell.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.