LawrieIbizaMk4's 1.2 Black Magic Ibiza - Sold -

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
Time for a wee edit of this first post (as it is the first post!)

obviously not doing any performance mods as it is only a 1.2!!

so
-Exterior-
Anthracite Mk4 Ibiza Cupra alloys refurbed by Chameleon in Glasgow
Silver wing mirror covers
Lowered 45mm on Pi springs
Tints by Prestige Auto Tints (Clydebank)
Stubby Aerial
Prefacelift FR upper Grills
LCR Splitter
Debadged back
FlyEyesKit on rear lights, rear reflectors and side repeaters
6000K H.I.D Conversion from HIDS4U.co.uk

-Interior-
Red Gear Lever Surround
Anthracite Dash Surround
Red Vent surrounds
Black A pillars
Black Grab Handles

-I.C.E-
1000W Pioneer Subwoofer (Ts-W306C)
2x Theloudest.com 1000-1500W amps
2x Vibe Black Air 6x9 (400W each)
Sony BT headunit
And some makeshift strip lights in the boot to brighten it all up!
Thats all i can think of just now (I'm sure I've missed a couple of things)

So here's a breif timeline of the journey of the car :)

Splitter on!
DSCN0406.jpg

Debadge
DSCN0404.jpg

FlyEyes Kit
DSCN0564.jpg

H.I.D's and private reg
DSCN0595.jpg

Interior and old headunit
DSCN0594.jpg

Cupra Alloys
DSCN0653.jpg

and how she stands just now :)
DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0724.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I know what you mean!, i want the facelift fr's but i am finding them difficult to locate! What type you after?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
yeah i like the cupra ones too, but i think you need the cupra bumpers to make them look their best and thats a cost i cannot justify lol! Where have you been looking for them, have been on the bay and on the for sale section on here but can't find any?

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
It took me 6months to mind some 17" Leon Cupra wheels....stupidly rare...

I often see Ibiza FR's around, for £200-300~

Lawrie, what do you reckon about the honeycombe grilles, like on mine? I reckon they'd look excellent on yours too! About £20 each from a stealer.

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
It took me 6months to mind some 17" Leon Cupra wheels....stupidly rare...

I often see Ibiza FR's around, for £200-300~

Lawrie, what do you reckon about the honeycombe grilles, like on mine? I reckon they'd look excellent on yours too! About £20 each from a stealer.

yeah that's on the list of things to get, money's a bit tight as im only a first year apprentice but once the pay rise comes in september i'll be worth a bit more :)

going to try a breaker yard for cupra alloys. after seeing the result scotthmk4 got im feeling lucky!!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I know the feeling lol, i am an apprentice as well! my pay rise in september also (can't wait) What you doing as your apprenticeship then?

I have looked in breakers ages ago, but will have a look again, problem is the ibiza is not the most popular car in the uk and the fr and cupras are even more rare :(

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I am doing an apprenticeship in quantity surveying, basically finding out how much stuff is needed for building works and managing costs for clients. It's pretty crap just now though cos i get paid absolute peanuts! :cry: Maybe the company i work for are on the site you are working on lol?

Have you priced the cupra wheels brand new though a dealer?

CupraOl

Mar 8, 2004
Visit site
Car looks very tidy and the paintwork looks in very good condition. I have a black Ibiza too, so I know how much of a pain it can be to keep clean.

I had to buy a replacement 17" Cupra alloy recently from a dealer and it was £202 +VAT (i.e. a rip-off). :rolleyes:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
So how did you go about getting your tints done? How much and what %?

I was also thinking about getting matt silver wing mirror caps off ebay to look a bit more like a cupra/fr, or perhaps just covering my current ones in carbon fibre vinyl...

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
So how did you go about getting your tints done? How much and what %?

I was also thinking about getting matt silver wing mirror caps off ebay to look a bit more like a cupra/fr, or perhaps just covering my current ones in carbon fibre vinyl...

cost me 165 smackers, good quality and a professional job! the place was called prestige auto tints in clydebank would highly recommend them to any1 in the glasgow area.

scott gave me the idea of doing the mirror covers a nice candy red so i'm gonna try that soon and if that fails im just gonna go for chrome.

here's a list of the plans..

wing mirror covers, honeycombe grills, dewiper, uprate all the speakers, wind deflectors and all the while im gonna keep the eyes out for some 17's

any more suggestions and criticisms are welcome!

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Ah yes, wind deflectors... I was thinking about those.

Is it just for aesthetics and removing wind buffering? I've seen a few pairs on eBay but wasn't sure.

How are they fixed, as Scott had his stolen recently :/

Coincidently, my brother and dad suggested red mirror covers, as on this.

Definitely want the tints done though..shame I'm the other end of the country :blink: :blink:

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
not sure how the covers are fixed but i understand the original wing mirror caps are pretty easy to get off anyway, so maybe a vinyl wrap's in order.

just ordered some seat sport decals from fleabay for 99p, jammin :D

as for tints, remember you get what you pay for! mine came with a lifetime warranty so any peeling, bubbles etc are repaired for free :D