LawrieIbizaMk4's Bocanegra...sold!

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
they look good,remember to grease the hell out of the supposable troublesome pins before they go on.
are you going to paint the seat sport emblem black?

I've given the pins a good sand to get any rust off them, they weren't bad at all to get out, I can see them being a nightmare to get back in though lol.

As for the seat sport logo, just couldn't get it to look right black so I've ordered some ap racing stickers to hide them :)

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
null-3.jpg

And so it begins!

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
might be worth just getting some wet and dry and a block and rubbing over the logo and having them bare unless you have already done that,are you going to use better brake fluid whilst the brakes are being bled?

Sorry mate never saw that post earlier! Tried sanding it back with a dremel but it looked horrible because of the old layers of paint. I would have stripped and sanded it right back but I simply don't have the time now :(

As for the fluid I'm replacing it with ATE super blue racing dot 4 :)

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
10 and a half hours later...fronts are on and jamming :)

Rears are a totally different story though :(

Both rear calipers were seized, put a 400nm impact gun on them and the pistons still wouldn't wind back :( also the carriers were burnt through to the stage the consortina bolt was flat on one edge :| nightmare!

Won't say who I bought them off unless I don't get a reply or some sort of apology. But long story short I now have to fork out to either buy new callipers and carriers or have those reconditioned

Also massive thanks to onelitrewonder and vroomtshh for all the help today :D

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Looking good :) I see Garry had to help you with your brakes too ha ha. Last time I tried to sort my seized calliper on my fr I had to draft him in to sort it before I had a nervous breakdown lol

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Garry was trying to talk me into it today lol! Think ill wait a bit and recover financially first :)

Also on a funny note we noticed the manufacture date of the engine and turns out its the engine birthday today lmao!!

Yeah probs best after your swisswax fetish spending spree lol

Happy birthday to your engine. Im sure you'll have given its birthday pint (of oil) lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.