LC - Engine Bay - Parts Identification

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Here is my engine bay from my Cupra 180 AUQ. It's all stock except for the 007P and green cotton air filter which previous owner put in.

I would really appreciate it if one or some of you could put me out of my misery and help me identify the parts, hoses/pipes and which can be replaced with silicone equivalent. I have spent endless hours on here looking at other threads but I still get stumped.

I am hoping if its comprehensive enough then it could be made into a sticky to benefit everyone.

3732718125_3d08bc7786.jpg

3735740091_b83ecd4e97.jpg

3735740263_d0f8bc1be8.jpg

3735740195_2acdaa2201.jpg

3732734971_3397ed08c0.jpg

3732732677_d7302a89b7.jpg

3733529910_30a8a3a68f.jpg

3643988896_d9d1827d12.jpg

3643180573_c20e7f2e24.jpg

jet-black

In my experience, the pipes ive replaced are the following:

In the second picture down - Right hand side of the picture there is a pipe that comes from the same area as the DV and then splits into two, one of the two connects to the top of engine or cam cover and is inline with the oil filler cap and the other pipe goes down towards the ground.

The other pipe that is generally faulty is under the inlet manifold (the sliver thing at the front with a big massive pipe connecting to it on the bottom left of the same picture. To find the pipe you need to remove the lower black plastic engine cover and the piece of metal which holds the oil dip stick in place along with some other pipes, its held in place by two bolts. Once pushed aside you should be able to see the pipe which is highlighted in blue in the below link!

The two pipes are the ones highlighted in blue: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/awesomebreathers.jpg

Below is a link to Awesome Gti who sell a silcone replacement for both parts, however i've just gone to stealers to buy the normal replacement pipe which come to around £50 ishh for the two.
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13304&xSec=349

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
Jet-Black mate that is awesome (no pun intended), I actually have had an engine fault light on my dash for a while and my limited VAG-COM consistently reports it as 17544 error. However I haven't noticed any loss in boost or general performance although maybe I have become used to it.
I have examined all the pipes that are at least visible and reachable from the top of the bay and cannot see any cracks but I can hear a hissing noise around the manifold area/charger pipe area. I need to pull my finger out and go underneath to identify the hissing but the info you have provided is spot on.:)

jet-black

The 17544 error is the exactly the same error I had, pretty much constanly untill a replaced the pipe under the manifold! I could also hear hissing there too.

Once I replaced the pipe it did feel slightly better but that could of been a placebo effect.

In future if your not sure where hissing is coming from you could use a long ish pipe to help locate the problem by putting one end to your ear and move the other end around the engine bay to listen to see where hissing gets louder... if you see what i mean.

Hamzilla

Feb 12, 2008
Watford, Herts
I've found also that INA also produce these although they are asking for whether its for 2002 or 2003 model due to difference in nipple ends?

I only know I have a 52 Plate (late 02) AUQ engine.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.