Lcr 210 / 225 Software Diffrences

Status
Not open for further replies.

was225

I was wondering if anybody knows is it possible to update the software in ecu to get 225 from a 210 as i have been told some seat dealerships are doing this after your warrenty has expired as both engines are identical.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
was225 said:
I was wondering if anybody knows is it possible to update the software in ecu to get 225 from a 210 as i have been told some seat dealerships are doing this after your warrenty has expired as both engines are identical.

As they couldn't tell it had been remapped to 260bhp I can see the issue ;) :cartman:

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
225 also uses the ko4 turbo unlike the 210 i think.also 225 has different exhaust system

Last edited:

was225

210 and 225 both use k04 turbo and exhaust systems are identical as part numbers have been checked

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
strange this came from seat themselves
Another feature of the León Cupra R's 225 hp engine is its exhaust system which creates the special ESS (Engine SEAT Sound). This improves the sound quality of the exhaust while the engine is ticking over, during slow manoeuvres and under acceleration, but sharply filters noise at medium and high revs, producing a pleasant sound inside the passenger compartment that makes driving long distances more enjoyable.
asked a technician at seat which confirmed they are different.so don't know

was225

210 vs 225 standard form i gather there wont be a diffrence in performance.

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
i'm sure there will be quite a few little differences between the 2 varaints.but i wouldn't have a clue what

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
was225 said:
210 vs 225 standard form i gather there wont be a diffrence in performance.
about 0.3 sec to 60 and 3 to 4 miles an hour top end.not sure if the 225 is any quicker through the gears or not

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
God you read a lot of bollocks on here sometimes!:rolleyes:

Are there any facts at all in this thread?

Different turbos/different exhausts and now the 210 has no VVT :shrug:

Paul did it not occur to you that the quote you mentioned above was more than likely a difference from the leon cupra and not the earlier 210bhp LCR?

Back to the original question, why map it from 210bhp to 222bhp when you can go straight from 210 to 265-270bhp?

A 225 version will remap to exactly the same as a 210 version

Last edited:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Same turbo, same exhaust, both have VVT. Different Actuator, different ECU and ECU codes, and obviously different engine codes 210=AMK, 225=BAM. Dan's probably getting mixed up witht the APY S3 engine??

We thought different con-rods (210 = 20mm gudeons, 225 = 19mm) but that seems up in the air at the minute.

Later 210's (May {ish} 03 onwards) had the later swoopy mirrors, earlier 210s that had squarer Golf type mirrors.

Early 225s came with tracker and still had 6 CD changer, later one had the changer and the tracker deleted. I think all 210s came with a tape player, 225s have single slot CD HU (I think?).

The Recaro option on the 210s was a full set of Recaros, including the rear seats and no centre rear headrest. The Recaro option on the 225 was fronts only.

225 have updated wheel bearings (rear only?) and extra stone guards on the front disks.

225 has chunkier steering wheel and red cupra lettering on rear Cupra badge. 210 has same steering wheel as Cupra, but with red stitching and black lettering. I think the gearknob leather might be slightly different.

Finally, 225s came with oval shaped pegs to hold the font carpet mats in, where the 210s have round ones :redface:

210s were Flash Red, Black and Onvi. Platinum ones were special edition. 225s were Emocion (I think they're all Emocion) red, Black, Onvi, Artic Silver and Platinum Grey. I've seen a 55 plate Ebony black LCR at the dealers, so what other colours they've changed, I don't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members