LCR Against BMW Z4??

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
not a chance and it happened all too quickly. At a set of lights in my neck of the woods when a Z4 pulls up next to me, no idea who was driving but all I know was when them lights changed he was away quicker than a mouse...

... He was several cars ahead of me but I as not too far behind, it was at this point I thought I had better change gear :lol: I just glanced at the dash and I was revving at around 6,000rpm and reached 40MPH in the first gear :help:

..yep, I better change to 2nd I thought.

I have never been in a situation like that before in my LCR, and I only popped out to get some milk, and had me slippers on, not a good idea when you want fast clutch control. Anyway, it was quite hot yesterday and so not exactly cool air getting through the turbo..:headhurt:

Not sure what Z4 he had but it had twin exhaust each side, could have been an M-Power one, but oh boy did it go..

Last edited:

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Yup its a Z4M, my dad has 1, and i hate him for it lol. 3.2 from the e46 m3 with 320+ bhp on a car thats lighter. We all know how quick an M3 is.

Not racing one of those till iv gone stage 2:drive1:

Funny story thou i must say, never raced any1 in my slippers........is the performance any better? id blame the milk, obviously that extra weight helped him get away. No worries though fella, im sure all the LCR drivers on here will admit to being owned by a far superior car :(

Last edited:

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
keep trying to race my dad in his 630 i reckon ill do him!!!he always says hes not trying when i catch him out and about somewhere!!!3.0 Z4s are bloody quick too!quite a bit of torque from those straight 6s tho.

justin_cupra

LCR 225
Jul 17, 2007
Basingstoke
Hi,

Yep, Z4M....They are very quick, I drove one a couple of months ago it'll certainly do an LCR....plus all that traction going through those wide rear wheels....no chance :doh:

Cupraloon

Umm.... this sounds like another be carefull who you pick a race with kinda thread.... :redface:

I had a bit of a blast with a bmw 535d yesterday, bloody woman, she was just begging for a roasting, and she got it, she decided discretion is the better part etc, etc, and backed down at a some very silly :censored: speeds....

not too shabby for a relativily stock (180) 20vt :) me thinks..

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Umm.... this sounds like another be carefull who you pick a race with kinda thread.... :redface:

I had a bit of a blast with a bmw 535d yesterday, bloody woman, she was just begging for a roasting, and she got it, she decided discretion is the better part etc, etc, and backed down at a some very silly :censored: speeds....

not too shabby for a relativily stock (180) 20vt :) me thinks..

All down to the driver too i geuss.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Z4M eh? well, it certainly made a meal of me and being several car lengths ahead, even if I had driven harder he still would have had me.

Last edited:

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Z4M eh? well, it certainly made a meal of me and being several car lengths ahead, even if I had driven harder he still would have had me.

Don't worry about it mate, its a far better car in performance on paper, but i recon if you was driving along on 3rd gear and he came up next to you, you would have had him till the top end.

LCR's are renowned for their mid range torque, all the scooby boys know it too lol.

With a decent map and few mod's you'l be eating M3's.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Don't worry about it mate, its a far better car in performance on paper, but i recon if you was driving along on 3rd gear and he came up next to you, you would have had him till the top end.

LCR's are renowned for their mid range torque, all the scooby boys know it too lol.

With a decent map and few mod's you'l be eating M3's.

dont think that would be the case with a z4m

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
yeah i think that might be a bold claim!!! although bout ten mins ago new ctr was flying up behind so i thought right lets give it some and just as he was about to come past i was doing roughly the same speed so mid range is good but no match to bmws finest!!
my view is we buy our leons (however fast they are) because cars such as the m's amg's and such are beyond our reach.good to try and scare them tho.ihi definately would!!!!

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
I agree its a bold statement, but im gona stand by it, IMO with some fine mods like fmic, turbo back etc..the LCR will be able to run with the M3. IHI will annihilate it for sure. Im gona hopefully get the conversion by september and run it with my dads Z4M. Il be happy if i cn keep with it, and extatic if i rip it to shreads.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
yeah an M3 too 100, a remapped lcr with stage 2, fmic and a turbo back system would as i know myself, however a Z4M no it wont

timbland181

i love threads like this. really entertains me, and also gives me tips when to race and when to back down.

Cheers Jay20VT

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.