LCR Against BMW Z4??

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
The Z4M coupe is a tempting car.

This vid shows it against a 335i, pushing approx 300bhp and 400NM of torque. The camera car must be VERY powerful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwejISnDn0

wtf was the camera car? he says a 335 sedan lol thnx for the remap on my car mate, im waiting on new fmic and turbo back (when i can save up) will need a custon stage two to go with it, the stage 1 you done for me is great. Had fun with a guy with 535 on the way home, really pissed him off.

thanx again.

Matt Cupra R

Jan 13, 2006
Berkshire
Don't worry about it mate, its a far better car in performance on paper, but i recon if you was driving along on 3rd gear and he came up next to you, you would have had him till the top end.

LCR's are renowned for their mid range torque, all the scooby boys know it too lol.

With a decent map and few mod's you'l be eating M3's.

Thanks for that. I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

I like having dreams like that too, but I don't tend to publish them on the world wide web.

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Im glad you find it funny, but iv seen LCR's beat m3's on the net. It can be done.

As for the scooby's, there is a thread on here with a stock (i think) LCR beating a WRX impreza.

Last edited:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I know its not a scoob or M3 but same lines, standardish LCR(mine) has been on video pushing a EVO 8 MR out the way and another Evo 280bhp(ish)
these were at speeds from 40-cough*140*cough

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
M3 and Z4M. Same 343bhp engines and around the same 1500kg weight. (i think)

Stage 2 280bhp LCR will keep quite close to an M3, however it will not out perform it. Not a chance!
M3 stretches its legs more so in the 130-160 range and will shake off the LCR here. Not as much as you would think but a good 10 car lengths or so! However it is very close in the 40-130 range. Couple of car lengths at most.

Generic stage 1 mapped car, not a chance.

Timberwolf

w1ickeds1ck
Dec 31, 2006
Berkshire!
Z4 is lighter than an m3 and also quicker. This is because it has less gadgets such as electric seats, air con as an option etc....

I gave my mate a little run in his lotus elise s2 the other day, f**k me did he get of the line quick, i thought "thats it he's had me", but as soon as we got to 110 (on a safe road with no markings obviously) i clawed him back and id say we finished level.

They can't be good at top end i presume.

Last edited:

s3quence

Aug 16, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Funny story thou i must say, never raced any1 in my slippers........is the performance any better? id blame the milk, obviously that extra weight helped him get away. No worries though fella, im sure all the LCR drivers on here will admit to being owned by a far superior car :(

Have you not seen Peter Kay? everything is faster in ur slippers!!
As for the milk I reckon if he drank the milk and threw the carton out the window he could have digested some of the milk by 60mph and took that Z4!! ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.